Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why did the French stop exporting their surplus 49/56 rifles? I had read someplace before that they had stopped all exports and were cutting up all surplus weapons? :confused:
Why did they originally start?

·
Registered
959 Posts
Same reason many other countries are now destroying surplus weapons and ammo: The 800lb gorilla that is the UN is pressuring them to do it.

That's why Spain dumped over a BILLION rounds of .308 into the ocean a few years ago rather then sell it to Century International.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Same reason many other countries are now destroying surplus weapons and ammo: The 800lb gorilla that is the UN is pressuring them to do it.

That's why Spain dumped over a BILLION rounds of .308 into the ocean a few years ago rather then sell it to Century International.

A billion rounds of .308 wasted.....:(

With the world wide recession the way it is, it makes you wonder if they wish they had it back in order to raise some cold hard currency.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
A billion rounds of .308 wasted.....:(

With the world wide recession the way it is, it makes you wonder if they wish they had it back in order to raise some cold hard currency.:rolleyes:
I was thinking along the same lines recently, wondering if the Soviet captured pile of K/G43s that have been sitting in storage because of the high asking price will become available at a more reasonable price. Then again, will anyone have the coin to purchase and import them?

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Something to remember, when those UN idiots start ranting about the environment. Dumping ammo into the oceans is not part of the natural ecosystem that's for damned sure. How long before we get another dose of self-righteous crap about not signing their KYOTO Treaty when Obama assume control of dur regeime?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Universal Nincompoopians

Of all the decision-making bodies in Human history, the UN is second only to the Politburo under Stalin in the sheer number of murderous, wasteful, hypocritical, idiotic, childish, self-glorifying decisions to ever plague **** Sapiens.

OK-I'm done!

·
Registered
Carcano collector.
364 Posts
If I remember correctly from another thread from a few years ago, the United States government gives the UN 300 million dollars to destroy arms, don't quote me on that but that what I heard.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts