Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
How to post pictures?

Hi Seinen,
I had trouble getting pictures posted on the old system. Now I have to learn all over again. What do I have to do now to get some pictures on a posting.
JLKwilinski

·
Silver Bullet member
15,572 Posts
Picture posting

Basically the same process that you used on the boards, one iteration ago.

Pictures should be on your hard drive, and less than 300kb. there is a pixel size limit too but it does not affect most of us.

Write your post; one difference is that now all thumbnails appear after the text.

Go below the text box and click 'manage attachments'. A popup with browse capability will appear, when you have found the picture you want on your computer, double click it will bring in the address, then click upload.

Repeat up to 20 times. Then close the box.

You can preview the post and edit the attachments or click submit and you're done.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Hi Seinen,
I had trouble getting pictures posted on the old system. Now I have to learn all over again. What do I have to do now to get some pictures on a posting.
JLKwilinski
The new system isn't too bad - just takes some practice. If I can learn it, anyone can. First, scroll down on the "Reply" page until you see (in a section marked "Additional Options") a gray button called "Manage Attachments" (may have to turn off your pop-up blocker). Click it. When the dialog box appears, click on the gray button marked "Browse." This will allow you to pick and choose the photo from a file or other location on your computer. When you've located the photo, click on it and then hit "Open." Then hit "Upload." This should upload the photo to your post. Once the download is complete (may take a little time), just close the window. Now, you can either hit the button marked "Preview Post" or, if you're satisfied with your text and photo, hit "Submit Reply." That's about it. I've noted that the photo size doesn't have to be pre-reduced to the size limits imposed by the system. Apparently, the photo posting system will automatically reduce the size of files that are initially too large.

As a sample, I've added to this reply a test photo of one of my T-100 rifles. Feel free to ask any other questions. I know how it was when I was getting used to the new boards iteration.

C/

·
Kryptonite member
5,765 Posts
Problems getting back on the Board! "Odie" never could, had to get a new email address and new "handle, "Odie" was already taken (by him). I had the same problem some changes back, I started off as Eloldehombre, was told after a Board "upgrade?" that Eloldehombre was taken so I became "Eloldehombre1."

·
Silver Bullet member
15,572 Posts
MIA

Lots of old members havent mome back (yet). One of the common problems is that they don't know to look for their new info in their spam filter!

They can't login and don't know how to contact us.

Please if anyone knows and has the email of one of our lost members, email them and have them email me with their old name, password, and email address; we can get them in.

donvoigt(at)hotmail.com, change the (at) to @

1 - 10 of 10 Posts