Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
105,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious to see who will be going to the OGCA show this weekend. I will be headed there on Friday and will be there bright and early on Saturday morning.

Maybe we can all meet up!

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
62,888 Posts
I am only 56 miles away - door to door.

·
Premium Member
105,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Whats an Ohio compliant drum?

·
Diamond Member
539 Posts
Over the river and through the woods . . . .

Johnny G and I are making the long hall. G has a table, mostly bayos and stuff. I on the other hand am only bringing money

·
Gold Bullet member
807 Posts
I"ll be there Saturday and Sunday. I'll have a MAS 49, 49/56, 43 dated SVT in a Naval stock, 91/30 Sniper and a few others.

·
Gold Bullet member
807 Posts
It's a real one. OGCAman will have a couple of tables along the the far wall with some nice stuff also.

·
Premium Member
105,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im pretty sure I'll be using ogcaman's table as a hangout / rest area / basecamp. We'll have to make a time when everyone can sit down for a few minutes and BS a little.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
2,618 Posts
I'll be there early Saturday...not sure what I will be bringing yet.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I will have a few excellent condition Remington and New England Westinghouse 1891 Mosin Nagant's at the OGCA this coming weekend. Also will have Swede 38s, Polish 44s, Spanish 1916, Dutch 1954, Swiss 1873, Turk 1954, Turk 1941, Turk 1938, Yugo 59/66 excellent w/book, accessories, CZ52 rifle in 7.62X45, Chinese T-53 (1956), Russian 44s dated 1943,44,47,and48, Finn 91"B"bbl, Finn 91 Tikka bbl, Finn 24 Sig, Finn 27 1933 Tikka, Finn 28 Ski Trooper "double slots", and two other Finn 28s that are Sig. There will be a few more added, other than what I have listed. See you this weekend! Tables FF-2&3. Bob

·
Premium Member
105,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey Bob, I'll be giving you a call on thursday night or friday during the day.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
2,618 Posts
I will be bringing a few goodies..one is a Finned SVT40 with bayonet.

·
Premium Member
105,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
"Ohio Compliant Drum" = permanently blocked to hold 30 rounds or less.

I've never heard of that. I spent an hour looking for that ruling somewhere and I can't find it anywhere. Can you point me in the direction? If that really is the case, how are guys getting away at gunshows selling the large mags?

·
Registered
7 Posts
It's been in the Ohio Revised Code for years, since the 60's or so. Started out as any firearm holding 30 or more but was changed to 30 round mag, M1 carbine was the reason for the change. I've never known anyone to be charged with only the mag violation but it"s one of those tack on deals. You can own drums, sell them, but if you put them in a firearm, the firearm then becomes a machine gun under Ohio law. I had an FFL for over 25 years in Ohio and this is one of the BS issues in this state, like the added $50.00 for a NFA transfer. I've commented to several gun show dealers when they displayed 75 round AK drums in an AK and lately I've not seen that here in Ohio. I think Goodman now enforces it at his Ohio shows, but it's been on the books for over 40 years. Lon

·
Registered
417 Posts
I'll be there Saturday bringing Coneten.

And my bringback Winchester. I can find no evidence it has been fired and is in as issued condition.

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
62,888 Posts
Did not see a row "FF"

1 - 20 of 20 Posts