Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet member
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody up for lunch on Saturday? I have some hot dogs etc left over from the Spring Shoot when nobody showed. Don't worry I've kept them in the frige since then and they still smell pretty good.
The buns are kinda fuzzy though.
A batch of us are staying at the KOA in Shepherdsville. I'm in site 202

·
Platinum Bullet Member
2,618 Posts
Ah...the Spring Mud Fest! Glad I went Friday. All of the ruts and wallows were evened out and whatever was growing there grew back...should be beautiful weather if this pattern holds. Looking forward to the shoot..has Chuck got his countdown going?

·
Gold Bullet Member/Moderator
26,670 Posts
Saturday for me

Almost got all of the mud out from under my truck. Who saw the Ford F150 blow up his engine Saturday about 5:30? Sounded like a block of C4 and almost as much smoke.
The mud was something else. But still a heck of a good time.

·
Registered
970 Posts
October Knob Creek

As dry as things have been, I figure it'll be a dust bowl instead of a mud pit.
All four of the WV's are going to be there Friday & Saturday morning. Gotta get back Saturday afternoon for some family stuff going on here.
Cone,
The countdown has begun!

·
Silver Bullet Member an all around excellent guy
50,148 Posts
As dry as things have been, I figure it'll be a dust bowl instead of a mud pit.
Now you've done it.
You've gone and jinxed the whole thing. I now expect four inches of rainfall between Tuesday and Thursday the 11th. ;)

I've seen dust bowl machine gun shoots though before. I remember once pulling dirt-boogers out of my nose for the next week following a particularly dusty shoot where all the merchandise was covered with grit.

·
Registered
970 Posts
I'd settle for something in between mud-pit and dustbowl.
But the trend does seem to be dust in the fall, mud in the spring.

·
Silver Bullet member
3,291 Posts
With Knob Creek, you can have a mud bowl in the morning, and a dust bowl in the afternoon.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts