Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got out the casting gear this morning and made a few tumble-lube pills from a mold I got when I used to have a .32 long colt revolver, my idea was to make a few
little poppers for holing cans along my usual walking trails (that didn't require ear pro). These pills are 84 gr. wadcutters, sitting on 1.5 gr. of TrailBoss, when seated to the last groove the COL is 1.025...I had plans to load them one at a time. I didn't think they would feed from magazine...but they hand-cycle just fine! I plan to try some of these bullets over 6 grs. of Unique and see if they will autocycle; that would do my component budget a good turn.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Worked quite well; primers a little flattened, but no where near as much as top 296 loads or PPU commercial. Brass got tossed about six feet instead of twenty. I'm still amazed they fed properly with all the extra mag space, I could conceivably take the barrel and slide off my TTC and put it on the 213...these loads fit the 9mm magazine perfectly. Ammolab, I was also a little concerned about the reduced volume...but a few with 5.4 Unique got me two stovepipes. I used 223 brass because all my Starline was otherwise occupied. ;)

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.