Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been doing some historical research on the M1891 Argentine Mauser rifles and carbines that I own and one of the names that shows up often in Argentine military rifle circles is Pablo Riccheri, an Argentine Army officer who was very much involved in the Model 1891 Argentine Mauser development and procurement process and who rose through the ranks to become one of the most famous Argentine military men of his day.

While doing this research, I came upon another Riccheri name, Bartolome Riccheri, to whom the presentation rifle below was issued in 1893. Photos below were clipped from the following Gunboards post from 2011 (with the original Gunboard author's permission):

www.gunboards.com/threads/1891-argentine-cavalry-carbine-pics.214010

My question is: who was Bartolome Riccheri and what was his relationship to Pablo Riccheri? My internet and hard copy searches have come up empty and a hard copy letter with this inquiry that I sent to the Argentine Arms Museum of the Nation has gone unanswered. Hope somebody on Gunboards can shed some light on this.

Font Circle Wood Metal Artifact

Motor vehicle Material property Font Gas Auto part

Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Shotgun Gun accessory

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
I forget which one was credited with the bayonet adapter on the Argentine 1909 so it could use M1891 bayonets.
Dan

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks MasterChief - I downloaded that ref but it is no searchable, so I will give it a read and see what i can get. Pablo Riccheri was all over the Argentine scene for 30 years and was involved in all sorts of things before retiring so there is plenty of refs on his activities. But so far, Bartolome is a blank.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts