Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a great deal on an SVT40....but it is missing the cleaning rod and the pushbutton and spring that holds it in place. I know nobody wants to give up their's, so who sells them. I checked ssporters and hoosier's but couldn't find 'em. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Rottsa Ruck finding a cleaning rod ... and if you do, it will probably cost you well over $100.

The Numrich site indicates that they still have the cleaning rod latches.

http://www.e-gunparts.com/product.asp?chrProductSKU=461950

I have found that the ejector springs are a good substitute for the cleaning rod latch springs.

The cleaning rod latch is captured by the bottom of the barrel, so removing the muzzle extension assembly is required for installation. To remove the M/E, tap out the Key (most folks, apparently, do this from the left) and unscrew the M/E ... it is right-threaded.

BTW, the little "nut" on the very end of the M/E is LEFT-threaded and usually staked ... just in case you ever decide to remove it. :)

·
Gold Bullet member
4,946 Posts
Youngblood you know your SVT's! You answered a question for me and I didn't even ask it! Thanks!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi, Nice forum. I will be selling original SVT40 parts shortly once I get my lists done up. I have references to comfort anyone who is worried about dealing with a new guy.

I will basically have every part needed in very good to exellent condition.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,530 Posts
Hi, Nice forum. I will be selling original SVT40 parts shortly once I get my lists done up. I have references to comfort anyone who is worried about dealing with a new guy.

I have been looking for years for a complete bolt in the white. If you have one available your a lifesaver.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts

:):D:cool::D:) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GREAT I'm waiting too.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I have been looking for years for a complete bolt in the white. If you have one available your a lifesaver.

A dirty little secret posted by ??? a few years back- Soak your PLUM bolt in a mild VINEGAR solution- :eek: Presto it's white.. Rinse thoroughly and OIL .

I never have tried it but ??? said it would do the trick. Of course if you don't have a bolt, it won't work for sure.

·
Registered
866 Posts

Sounds great, but how are you going to get past the US import laws on gun parts?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sounds great, but how are you going to get past the US import laws on gun parts?

Im assuming you have a value as we do for importation. Ive sent stuff on a regular basis. Nothing is restricted as in Magazines, barrels etc,. But will double check on the safe side.

·
Registered
866 Posts
It has been a few years since I looked into the US import laws on gun parts, but yes, there is a value limit. If I remember, it was $100 wholesale value. Non importable items would include the receiver (even demilled according to Canadian spec) and as of last year, barrels. I can't recall if there were other restrictions.

I would love to see a source in the US for SVT replacement stocks and misc. parts, so don't mistake my cautionary post as a negative. I just don't want you to get in hot water. Figure out the letter of the law and then profit! It's the American way. :D Good luck!

·
Registered
264 Posts

twin, have you posted your wares yet?

Im still looking for an original (not aftermarket) magazine and a bayo that will not cost me an arm and a leg.

Ebay has the mags from time to time but it's always some guy trying to pass of a $50 aftermarket magazine as an original WWII.

·
Administrator
3,417 Posts
He has an ad in the trader right now I believe.

G

·
Just bought a SVT40 cleaning rod and latch from Gun Parts. Worked perfectly, of course must remove the front sight / flash suppressor housing as noted above. The rod fit perfectly in channel and hole. Good replacement of parts I had been unable to find for years. Noted they also carry stocks also. For some reason my rifle had retained the spring for the latch all these years so didn't have to find a replacement. Cost less than $25 for the repair and replacement. Really can't tell the difference between new an old stock parts, just fit perfectly.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts