Gunboards Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
My 28 is a regular old plain bbl field grade. My dad wasn't a rib guy and so I never became on altho I did have a mat rib A5 Browning for a while.
Where was the 176th located? That unit sounds familiar so I may have flown joint missions with them? The 281st was in Nha Trang and flew all over II Korps and a bit in the south edge of I Korps. Primary purpose in life was to support MAC V SOG altho we also worked with the SF Mike Forces.
Sarge

All my Model 12's are field grade with the exception og the 28. The 176th was in Chu Lai, I Corp and then I went to 7/1 ACS in Vihn Long, IV Corp, Crewchief

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
those plain bbl 28GA guns are rare INDEED.

·
Registered
4,588 Posts
OT a little, but years ago i was at walmart and desided to check out the firearms and found they were selling out their small gage remington expresses .28ga-410,s at 179.00 out the door and i bought these. i should have bought all they had(6). still i would buy a win 42-410 and win 12-28ga if they came along at a good price, i have a 20ga-16ga and several 12ga model 12,s. but these light rem,s have brought many happy days in the field. eastbank. Picture 7939.jpg Picture 7940.jpg Picture 7941.jpg

·
Registered
11 Posts
Those look great. You should have bought them all, alright.
Bill

OT a little, but years ago i was at walmart and desided to check out the firearms and found they were selling out their small gage remington expresses .28ga-410,s at 179.00 out the door and i bought these. i should have bought all they had(6). still i would buy a win 42-410 and win 12-28ga if they came along at a good price, i have a 20ga-16ga and several 12ga model 12,s. but these light rem,s have brought many happy days in the field. eastbank. View attachment 1742201 View attachment 1742209 View attachment 1742217

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
its been a while. any new posters got anything to add?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Those are some beautiful guns there. I have an old model 12 that was my Dad's. It is a 1950 model about as plain jane as they come. I have not shot it in 30 years. I do have a model 42 that I am excited about my grandson getting old enough to shoot. Be several years though.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I don't really collect shotguns, but I do have this old Model 12

Not a Model 12, but this is the only other Winchester shotgun I have ever owned:

·
Silver Bullet member
48,437 Posts
All are Very nice shown here ..
all my friends love them..
I like o/u mostly,side by sides ..
I now own a few assault pumps , duck Turkish pump.
4# bought in last 5 years ..never keep them Mostly traders before ..
my favorite before all this Remington 31’s..last good shotgun they built.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts