Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pesonally I do. My favorite rifle is my Springfield M1A. But I am starting to fix my AR up with all the nice tactical gear to throw on it. I will post some pics of it here soon. I know this isn't ar15.com but I was just wondering if anybody else had one.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Nothing really wrong with the AR15 platform, as long as its use is within its limitations.

It's a good rifle, in M4 configuration, for CQB or LE work. As a serious distance battle rifle, I'll take an M14 or a FAL.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Good rifle for training recruits with.

Good rifle for varmints.

Bad rifle for Bear and other big game. LOL

Good for it's intended purpose.

·
Registered
102 Posts
i recently assembled my first AR-15, and so far I like it. I take my AK out more, but just because quality .223 is so pricey. With a few hundred rounds through it, and not one FTF/FTE, I'm happily surprised with the reliability.
I'm really eyeballing one of the .22lr conversion kits, just so I don't mind getting it out more.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I like my ARs but I dislike the Direct Gas design, much preferring a piston solution.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i recently assembled my first AR-15, and so far I like it. I take my AK out more, but just because quality .223 is so pricey. With a few hundred rounds through it, and not one FTF/FTE, I'm happily surprised with the reliability.
I'm really eyeballing one of the .22lr conversion kits, just so I don't mind getting it out more.

Infidel --sweet!

·
Silver Bullet member
754 Posts
After not shooting anything in this type platform since leaving the Army in '79 I got an unfired HBAR at an estate sale for $500:

Couldn't pass it up for that kinda money...but it has to vie for shooting time amongst my Armscorp M21:

And my SLR101S Bulgarian (which gets shot the most...love this rifle)

Plus my Mosins...K31's...Enfields...etc...etc...;)

G

·
0 Posts
Nice. I have bushy H-bar A3 and a dpms m4. Love'em both. Is your infidel lower a CMMG lower? I know they sell the infidel lowers as well others.

JIM

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
i like them 1 bushy Hbar 1 bushy carbine A1 circa 1994 still in the boxes,1 bushy Hbar circa 1994 retreived from a freinds estate fired 200rds,1 colt Hbar green label 99% circa 1986 ..and one beater thousands of rounds works for what it is intended,, like me fals and poly m1as too

·
Registered
102 Posts
Spike's

NRA Joe: I have a Bulgarian SSR-85C-2 (7.62), I rarely go shooting without bringing it along.

The lower is a Spike's Tactical, the markings are "laser engraved" I think it's called. It's a process that apparently bleaches the anodizing white, so it doesn't peel or otherwise wear. The folks at Spike's really stand behind their products too, good people.

·
Gold Bullet member
1,234 Posts
For me about the only use I have for My AR15 is competition shooting as I can't hunt squat with any semiauto where I live. But "on the line is I feel where the AR really shines whether you like the mouse gun or not its completely dominated NRA Highpower comp. and will stay accurate unlike a match M1A that needs to be "tuned" back to hold the 10 ring at 600

·
Registered
166 Posts
I've never really considered owning an AR until a purchased on a few months ago. I bought a RRA Elite Tactical Entry. It is one fine rifle and has changed my view of the weapon system entirely. I like it.:D

·
Silver Bullet member
333 Posts
My HBAR is a nice rifle, and within its limitations its very good. But I side with the .308 guys, nothing is like an M14/ M1a. (FAL is nice too)

·
Gold+ Bullet member
339 Posts
I've bought one and built several. Agree that they are very good for their intended use. My tastes run to the simplest forms of the rifles. All of mine are carry handle, A1, versions . Just built my first CAR collapsable stock rifle....M&A A1 lightweight 16 inch upper, Essential Arms lower and CAR stock. I think it will be my favorite!

·
Registered
102 Posts
If any of you guys are thinking about getting a .22lr conversion kit, I'll give them a +1.
I've been eyeballing them for a while, and finally got one today. Took it out, and it took some breaking in, the first few mags had FTF/FTE every 8-10 rounds, but after about 5 mags of that, it was flawless. I spent a couple hours at the range, and went through 300+ rounds....which cost me maybe $7.00. Just something fun to play with, but I love it.

·
Silver Bullet Member
619 Posts
I have had several ARs--built two, owned a Colt HBAR, Bushmaster Carbonlite, etc., and currently have two DPMS ARs, an M4-type, and an LR 308, and am happy with both. I carry an old guys prejudice towards ARs. During infantry training in 1969 this draftee was unhappy that I couldn't get one magazine out of my M16 on full auto without it jamming, no matter how clean it was. That has always tainted my attitude towards ARs, although my civilian ones have never hiccupped, any of them. I am an advocate of "dancing with the girl you came with" so if it is all I had, I'd rather have one than a rock and a stick. That said, I really like my AK underfolder, M1A, FAL, CETME, M1, etc. I do remeber that I was assigned an M60, but on forced marches I really preferred carrying a Mattel rifle to that hunk of iron. In short--like what you have with you, and stand by for the guy who is gonna tell you it's junk compared to what he has. Someone always will.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I also have a Rock River Arms AR-15 and a spikes lower that I am trying to pick an upper for(6.5 or 6.8). I love my RRA, I just placed an order for the RRA LAR-8 (the 308 ar that they are coming out with. My AR gets the most range time. I go not have a alot of rifles ( Russian AK47, Russian SKS, Ruger 10-22 and a FMP XG3S (contract version of a HK 91)).

I a thinking about getting the DPMS 308 AP4 because the wait for the RRA 308 looks like it will be real long.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts