Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Diamond Bullet Member
8,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The trend the past few weeks every time a "fake" 91/30 sniper rifle is posted that has a real scope/mount on it is people shooting the person offers..
Im quite shocked when I messaged a member who had a 1943 scope and a unmarked mount(which I question if the mount is real or not) and he tells me someone is offering him $800 for the rifle so they can get the scope.

Its a common scope.. With a possibly post war mount on a rifle with a harmed value.

Another one was posted in the trader and I message the fellow offering him $275 for the scope and another $100 for the mount. The reply was "sorry someone offered me $500" and shortly there after it was posted as sold.

Thats just 2 of the 3 that I have been turned down on.

So what gives? Someone here win the lottery?
Why any collector here would pay "ebay prices" for common PU scopes I am highly curious.

Is it because you are "beating" other collectors to it or something? If those prices are the norm then I better jump all over the several on ebay and gunbroker at $300 each..

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I have noticed the same type of thing over the last year or so.You use to be able to get a nice original scope. mount and base for around $350 but not any more.And a original base is hard to come by and worth $100 +

·
Diamond Bullet Member
8,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have noticed the same type of thing over the last year or so.You use to be able to get a nice original scope. mount and base for around $350 but not any more.And a original base is hard to come by and worth $100 +
Yes bases are getting hard to find!

·
Gold Bullet Member
1,038 Posts
i'll second that! Cant find a original base for my samco to save my life!!! Really frustrating me!

·
Registered
3,400 Posts
http://www.ebay.com/itm/130676342195?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1587.l2649 buyer was from Moscow Russia. Now, that really surprised me, because my sister in Ukraine shipped me two packages (both, got siezed at the customs, but thats a different story) one of which had 3 scopes/mounts/bases and another one with SVD parts for me to convert my Tigr... She bought complete ORIGINAL sets for $70ea there... So, why did someone from Russia bought my scope when former USSR republics have em at 1/4 of the price? One thing she has not been able to find for me is a original SVT-40 mount :( - I would have flown to pick that one in person :)

·
Diamond Bullet Member
9,096 Posts
Mail service from Ukraine to Moscow or the US (or from the US or Moscow to Ukraine) is very sad these days as about every package gets stolen in Ukraine, as do a lot of letters. Things are very tough over there right now.
A scope buyer from Moscow gets at least some eBay protection if the item he pays for never gets there.
With a 0% unemployement rate right now in Moscow (amazing but true!) there is plenty of cash around to pay a bit more on Ebay for being sure you get the item.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I have spent a lot of time in Ukrainian second hand markets and can tell you firsthand that there are no stockpiles of cheap original scopes and mounts to be had, had two sets (scope and mount) offered to me at $350 each US.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.