Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all, I ordered a field gauge from okiegauges.

Ive got one m39 (and another soon) which im not so worried about, but also (3) 91/30's that I want to check headspace before firing.

·
Gold Bullet member
1,433 Posts
I have the Okie field gauge. Works great.
Be advised, they're small enough to lose quite easily. I placed mine in a very smart location so it wouldn't get lost, now I can't remember where that was.

·
Gold Bullet member
4,946 Posts
Embarrased to mention this but the one thing I remember about the coin type guages was they were really easy to misplace. I have a set from Yankee Engineering and they work just fine when I can locate them! They are among the missing so I use the guages I got years ago from Brownell which I had modified so I don't have to remove the extractor to use them. Embarrassingly the Yankee Guages have been missing for a couple of years now! They are coin sized and they are easy to lose like a dime in your pocket of change so if you get them find a good place to store and keep. Bill

·
Gold Bullet member
8,513 Posts
Embarrased to mention this but the one thing I remember about the coin type guages was they were really easy to misplace. I have a set from Yankee Engineering and they work just fine when I can locate them! They are among the missing so I use the guages I got years ago from Brownell which I had modified so I don't have to remove the extractor to use them. Embarrassingly the Yankee Guages have been missing for a couple of years now! They are coin sized and they are easy to lose like a dime in your pocket of change so if you get them find a good place to store and keep. Bill
"Senior moments" creep up on all of us.

I got a ring binder and a box of heavy duty document protectors. I've got downloaded reloading data and the instruction sheets or booklets that come with the various reloading tools, as well as documentation that comes with new firearms stored in it.

Each section is identified by a tab.

The last document protector in my binder is the instruction sheet and my Okie 7.62X54R headspace gauges.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.