Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Silver Bullet Member
sks, tokarev, makarov, combloc
2,461 Posts
I understood the kalishnakov was made with deliberate “Sloppiness “ compared to the tight tolerances of precision rifles. Thus it would work in the dirty and dusty reality of the battlefield. This is why it is so reliable.

·
Silver Bullet Member
2,461 Posts
Exactly! One only need look at the MP44 or StG44 to see where the AK47 came from. I had heard somewhere years ago that Schmeisser sat next to Kalashnikov in a weapons factory. If that’s true, take it from there. The Russians had some great weapons, but compared to Germany’s? Personally, I think the German designs were amazing. Would love to have an MG34 or MG42. Not gonna happen though. 😊
Have you read all the other posts here?
I go with them.

·
Silver Bullet Member
2,461 Posts
My basic understanding of kalishnakovs contribution was to open the specs up to make more sloppy (my term) to allow operation in the grit of battle as opposed to precision designs.

·
Silver Bullet Member
2,461 Posts
Off on a tangent. I don't have a Block...er, Glock.

But I have its daddy, the original "Glock safety action", where the striker is only half-cocked after cycling the action.

View attachment 3991709
To my amazement lver Johnson .38 safety hammerless break tops around 1900 used what Glock adopted
The trigger has a built in safety which Glock incorporates the same way
Who knew!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts