Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
11,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I think I speak for all of us when I say you need to publish this stuff.

Here's my idea... a conglomeration of "chapters" each with pictures you have taken, and if possible, add some pictures of those who were on Peleliu in the war. Then you basically tell the story (i.e. the jap tank, the US tank, etc) based on the memories of those who were there. For those with no survivor stories, you can write about a general story... i.e. for an item found in a command bunker/cave, you put a blurb about how the Japanese command worked on the island, where they were at what point, etc. Maybe add some nice multicolor maps the phase lines, axis of movement, etc.

This would be a superb book, especially if you have the photos large and highly detailed.

All in favor, say "aye!"

·
Registered
804 Posts
I agree it would be a superb book. It would be interesting to hear from the folks here who have published books before in the same genre (e.g., Fred Honeycutt). I would guess that the market here is pretty specialized (i.e., read not a lot of potential revenue) and it may be hard to find a publisher, so maybe some tips could be offered up.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Thanks guys for the kind words. I have considered writing a book about Peleliu's battle sites of today and how they related to the battle, complete with vet accounts. Problem is, I'm not much of a writer. Love research though. Actually, several yrs ago, I was working on a book project with Col. Joe Alexander ("Utmost Savagery") that never materialized but I have a solid foundation to work from.

Thanks again for the encouragement...put's the fire back into me with this thing!

-Eric

·
Gold Bullet member
11,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Eric, get the photos, the facts, the stories and the facts, and it will fall together.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
I certainly enjoyed reading them.

Thanks for posting your pics and your research.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts