Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,308 Posts
Surely no English version available at the moment - and for the future - ???

Volume I is long out of print even in Germany and nearly unobtainable. This book now commands prices of around 100 Euros (about 140 US$) if you find one. Two weeks ago I saw both volumes on an internet auction platform for about 160 Euros - shipping included and did not hesitate a split second to buy them. And as far as I was told a reprint is not likely. Volume II is still available for the normal price (39 Euros) or a little bit more - last week I saw one at my local gun store.

·
Admin Emeritus
19,073 Posts
It all depends on your price point. It can run from 30.00 to 500.00 depending what your after.

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,084 Posts
If you are interested in American made Mosin Nagants, "Allied Rifle Contracts in America" is an excellent reference source.
Charles Clawson also published a volume on US-made Mosin Nagants: http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?332198-WTS-clawson-mosin-nagant-book

Between Lapin's, Clawson's, and Bowser's books, and the online material at www.7.62x54r.net and www.mosinnagant.net, you should have most of the info you'll need. For other questions, you can turn to the forum.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.