Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Gold Bullet Member
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to pick up a reference book on the Mosin Nagant rifles and wondered which book do most of you think is the best to get
on the Mosin rifle.
I thank you in advance.

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
Surely no English version available at the moment - and for the future - ???

Volume I is long out of print even in Germany and nearly unobtainable. This book now commands prices of around 100 Euros (about 140 US$) if you find one. Two weeks ago I saw both volumes on an internet auction platform for about 160 Euros - shipping included and did not hesitate a split second to buy them. And as far as I was told a reprint is not likely. Volume II is still available for the normal price (39 Euros) or a little bit more - last week I saw one at my local gun store.

·
Administrator
19,288 Posts
It all depends on your price point. It can run from 30.00 to 500.00 depending what your after.

·
Registered
23,439 Posts
Moosedog, it also depends on what information you are looking for. If you are interested in American made Mosin Nagants, "Allied Rifle Contracts in America" is an excellent reference source.

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,080 Posts
If you are interested in American made Mosin Nagants, "Allied Rifle Contracts in America" is an excellent reference source.
Charles Clawson also published a volume on US-made Mosin Nagants: http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?332198-WTS-clawson-mosin-nagant-book

Between Lapin's, Clawson's, and Bowser's books, and the online material at www.7.62x54r.net and www.mosinnagant.net, you should have most of the info you'll need. For other questions, you can turn to the forum.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts