Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
79 Posts
I owned two K11s and a K31 and was planning on making test loads for them until the house burned down with them. During my research R17 was the closest to the original powder. Ask Swissrifle.com for their advice.

· Registered
79 Posts
The 7.5x55 case size is between a .308 and a .30-06 so I would guess that IMR 4350 would be good. If you are shooting for range, ask the person who shot his K31 at this range: World Record Attempt Open Sight Shot 2240 yards Ernest Jimenez Unmodified K31 Swiss - 7.5×55mm Swiss - YouTube. I am working up a long-range load for my T99 and am talking to another shooter who shoots long range with his T99. He turns his meplate and it is suppose to improve accuracy.This makes sense for long range. I cast HP bullets and other bullet casters think that if the hex pin is used, it can distort the bullet hole enough on release to affect the balance and group compared to a round pin. Both he and I use the Lee neck sizing collet die because the runout of your bullet will be practically zero. Getting back to powder, ask the members at the Swiss Rifle Club or the shooters on the youtube channel. Their accuracy load might use the powder you have and their load will give you a ballpark idea where your accuracy node is.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts