Gunboards Forums banner

61 - 80 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I also love the M39, but the m24 is a close second. I still need to get my hands on an M27, an M28, and an M28/30 to make a proper judgement though!

·
Registered
85 Posts
For me it is the M44. Pretty ones, Ugly ones, Beat up and abandon, miss treated or beauty queen it does not matter. I can not seem or want to leave her grasp. This Mosin has a had spell on me for 2 years now and only grows........

·
Gold Bullet Member
14,101 Posts
For me it is the M28, I have a couple that just turn me on. Why? For almost identical reasons as Lancebear. The balance, most have wonderful triggers, almost a carbine in length. The early development of better things to come, but a tack driving rifle with the Civil Guard nostalgia. I must admit though the M27 is so close in many ways I could almost include them as being about the same. But the M28 wins out because of the history of the Civil Guard and it's humble life history. Kind of like prewar {WW2} USMC history, ass kicking organization on a shoe string budget. The corrilaton Lance gave about the 03 Springfield and the M28 is the same for me too. Both rifles fit like a glove made especially for me. What a cool hobby. Cheers, John.
Hey John,

I never thought about the comparison between the Finnish Civil Guard and our Marines of WWII, but there is a lot to think about there. Certainly hard fightin' men both, and had to fight in grueling conditions with less than what they needed at the start. My first '03 is an actual USMC rifle, authenticated by the best '03 men. Maybe I'll take a photo of my M28 with the Marine '03 by it's side. Very comparable, since my '03 has a straight GG stock. Would be a good pair for a shoot off at the range. A good Marine '03 is actually tougher to find than a good M28. You are correct, what a hobby! Good thread here.

Lancebear

·
Gold Bullet Member
14,101 Posts
For me it is the M44. Pretty ones, Ugly ones, Beat up and abandon, miss treated or beauty queen it does not matter. I can not seem or want to leave her grasp. This Mosin has a had spell on me for 2 years now and only grows........
Hey SKS,

Steer clear of the Japanese Type 44 Carbine, otherwise you will have two girlfriends...only trouble:).

LB

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Hey John,

I never thought about the comparison between the Finnish Civil Guard and our Marines of WWII, but there is a lot to think about there. Certainly hard fightin' men both, and had to fight in grueling conditions with less than what they needed at the start. My first '03 is an actual USMC rifle, authenticated by the best '03 men. Maybe I'll take a photo of my M28 with the Marine '03 by it's side. Very comparable, since my '03 has a straight GG stock. Would be a good pair for a shoot off at the range. A good Marine '03 is actually tougher to find than a good M28. You are correct, what a hobby! Good thread here.

Lancebear

very interesting. funny how these two rifles exhibit a great spirit about them.

·
Registered
485 Posts
My favorite Mosin-Nagant rifle is the M91/38, I like the older rifle markings combined with the handiness of a carbine. I've also got an interest in Czech firearms (Nazi modified Vz-24's are my favorite Mausers!), so the Czech connection is there for me as well...
Although I like the history and style of the M91, I do like my M91/38 with the carbine length, the history and the Czech trigger.

·
Silver Bullet member
2,381 Posts
Well Im not known as a nagant guy, though the first rifle I ever had ( a finned dragoon) and first rifle I ever bought myself (a ratty m44) were nagants. Ive owned more than a few over the years and still have a couple, including the above. My favorite has got to be the m38 carbine. I really like the 44 and its bayonet, but the m38 is my favorite.

·
Registered
77 Posts
M28/30

id say my favorite prob is my m28-30. the only reason is the story behind finding it marked wrong and haggling 70 dollars off. So much excitent when i saw the rear sight, the sky in the stock, the whole story and event was simply majical
I'm with the M28/30.

-The first rifle I've ever bought
-Wonderful, rich historical background
-The first one I learned Finn history with
-It's just darn f'ugly handsome

Xela

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Mosin1890.JPG
I like early ones!
Joe

·
Registered
49 Posts
I love my M39 and and Finn M91 but honestly my old dirt nasty 91\30 runs the best out of all of them and it feels lighter and more balanced. It was also my first real full power gun.

61 - 80 of 86 Posts