Gunboards Forums banner

41 - 60 of 86 Posts

·
Oak Leaves with Clusters Member
3,467 Posts
M91 and if arsenal mark is considered part of the "style" make it a Sestroryetsk. I like the Russian stocks best.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
id say my favorite prob is my m28-30. the only reason is the story behind finding it marked wrong and haggling 70 dollars off. So much excitent when i saw the rear sight, the sky in the stock, the whole story and event was simply majical

·
Gold Bullet Member
2,876 Posts
I don't have every model, but so far, my favorite is still the M39. Especially the antiques. I prefer older women.

·
Registered
42 Posts
the model 1891 is my personal favorite. I like the long, elegant rifles from the 1890's time frame. that also includes the m24's, as they are basically just modified m1891's.
not necessarily the most accurate, or best handling, but by far my favorite.
y'all have a good day, Keith
M24's for me 'cause my wife is Finnish... ;-)

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Currently, it's gotta be my '34 Tula PE. Just love that setup and that particular rifle is dead-nuts accurate.
1934 Tula collage.jpg 1934 Tula PE Sniper 020.jpg

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Model 44, because it has bayonet.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
3,480 Posts
For me it is the M28, I have a couple that just turn me on. Why? For almost identical reasons as Lancebear. The balance, most have wonderful triggers, almost a carbine in length. The early development of better things to come, but a tack driving rifle with the Civil Guard nostalgia. I must admit though the M27 is so close in many ways I could almost include them as being about the same. But the M28 wins out because of the history of the Civil Guard and it's humble life history. Kind of like prewar {WW2} USMC history, ass kicking organization on a shoe string budget. The corrilaton Lance gave about the 03 Springfield and the M28 is the same for me too. Both rifles fit like a glove made especially for me. What a cool hobby. Cheers, John.

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,412 Posts
For now, its my run-of-the-mill 42 Izhevsk 91/30 because it was my FIRST Mosin and was my first mil surp to take a deer for me at 120 yards. Its got a wartime stock, rough machining receiver and barrel, but shoots AMAZING!! I might have to change my mind when I get my first M39 by the end of the week.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,436 Posts
M39! Tuff, great shooting, interesting history, handsome, and fun to collect, with so many variation's and marking's. I've had alot of fun over the year's trying to collect every date,style, barrel mfr. ect. I think I have atleast one of all, in top condition, except the two or three that are virtually impossibe to find.

·
Registered
152 Posts
The M91's are my favorite rifle to collect. But the M39's are just so much better to shoot.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
The M-39! Aside from being a dream to shoot I like the historical aspect of the Finnish rifle recycling. Mine is a 1896 Tula receiver with Budapest Hungary property mark (block R)

41 - 60 of 86 Posts