Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Diamond Member with Oak leaves and Swords
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured since jim330rifle asked which is best I'd ask what is your Favorite. I'll let somebody else start and add my .02cents later, John.

·
Ramen noodles or Bill Gates?
1,905 Posts
the model 1891 is my personal favorite. I like the long, elegant rifles from the 1890's time frame. that also includes the m24's, as they are basically just modified m1891's.
not necessarily the most accurate, or best handling, but by far my favorite.
y'all have a good day, Keith

·
Gold Bullet member
11,430 Posts
Ditto what Keith said. M91's are my favorite. You can see it is the direct descendant of muskets and black-powder cartridge rifles. The lines, length and features (especially the earliest M1891's) just intrigue me. Plus, the M1891 represents the start of a LONG line of Mosin Nagant variations that saw service across much of the world, and continue to serve even today.

·
Platinum Bullet member
4,892 Posts
My favorite Mosin-Nagant rifle is the M91/38, I like the older rifle markings combined with the handiness of a carbine. I've also got an interest in Czech firearms (Nazi modified Vz-24's are my favorite Mausers!), so the Czech connection is there for me as well...

·
Copper Bullet member
2,512 Posts
The Polish 91/98/25.
It's what the kids would look like if a Russian 91 rifle married a German Kar98k.
I love the mix and match quality to it, all the struck out and restamped serial mumbers, and the way the Mauser front band and bayonet lug look on it. The end result is a handy 98k length short rifle, in 8mm Mauser, well made, that's at the same time something of an odd duck and which always attracts attention.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Recently picked up a Finnish, M-91 in great condition. By far the best long range shooter I've got, and the wood is very attractive.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I love the M91's especialy the Long Elegant Finnish Ladies. Tops in my book!

The M38's along with the straight stocked M39's rank right up there.

My favorite shooters are 91/30's though. Go figure.

Only one .....The M1891 (more so of the Finnish persuasion).

Draybo

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I join the chorus of the M-91 fans.. especially, pre 1898 ones... Some of my best shooters have been well worn, beat up, been there done that antique M-91's... BeSwift

·
Registered
86 Posts
M-91. Long rifle, long bayonet, plain and simply intimidating.

·
Silver Bullet Member
254 Posts
M28/30. I like the history, development and design of the rifle. The connection to and the history of the Finnish Civil Guard and SAKO.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts