Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Baribal,

I am in no way doubting your Husqvarna knowledge. Please don't take this as an argument. I just read the following comment about the 4000 in an article:

"While the Model 4100 had a straight stock and schnabel foreend, the similar Model 4000 had a more typically 1950s Monte Carlo. The 4100 listed for $139.95, while the 4000 cost $145.50. The two versions also differed in sighting equipment. The Model 4100 had a hooded, ramped front sight and elevator-adjustable rear sight. The 4000 had the front sight, but no rear sight. An adjustable receiver sight could be mounted in the holes on the right side of the receiver, or a special “Snap-Shooter” peep sight could be screwed into the scope mount holes. This consisted of a round aperture dovetailed into a disc-shaped base. The aperture could be moved left or right in its dovetail for windage adjustment."

Here's some other 4000s with no rear sight:

So, by that description, this would be a model 4000. Except, it does have a rear sight.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Some years back, I was sent the same rifle as the OP's in 8x57 and rebarreled it for them. Only, that barrel had a rear sight. I still have it. I remember it because it was the first 1600 series I'd seen with a factory checkered fore end.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts