Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Silver Bullet Member
589 Posts
I thought the model III had no grip safety?
Either way, it's a model III or model III-A made in 1942 like mikey stated.
You said you need a spring? Which spring? I don't have recoil springs. Numrich has springs for the blowback model.
Yours should be a locked breech model. Mikey may have one? Other springs I do have.

a pin? Which pin? I think I have any/all pins you may need.

rear sight? I believe it is a fixed sight. I may have one of those.

Let us know.
We're here to help.

·
Silver Bullet member
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi, thanks guys. Looks like I need a recoil spring, recoil spring guide, slide stop pin, rear sights, and a magazine. Were these issued to police? Military? Who?

Attachments

·
Silver Bullet Member
589 Posts
It looks like it will clean up nice.
If you want the recoil spring guide, slide stop and rear sight, let me know.
I do not have the spring or magazine but they are out there.

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
I have only one extra recoil spring after giving the rest away. I do have a spring for a mini max which is a bit heavier but probably will function in your pistol, anyway would be better than a rubber band. Give me an address and I will mail it.

·
Silver Bullet member
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi thanks guys. Larry, I sent you a payment a few minutes ago. ibmikey thanks! If this one doesn't work, I'll let you know. I can't wait to get this gun working!

·
Silver Bullet member
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well I am getting closer by the day to getting this fixed. My gunsmith was tied up with other matters. He had to fiddle with the slide stop to get it to fit but now he says it needs an ejector and ejector pin. What's the difference between the III and the IIIA? Anyone have a magazine?

·
Silver Bullet Member
589 Posts
You may mean an extractor and extractor pin? The ejector is part of the frame and has no pin.
Magazines are usually available on Ebay and Gunbroker but aren't cheap for factory ones.

·
Registered
953 Posts
If the guys here don't have your part, try Lee's Gun Parts in Irving TX.
He's an old-fashioned business that takes phone calls and checks, but no internet.
But they have tons of oddball gun parts rat-holed there.

I have used Triple-K mags without any problem. Nice used OE mags are like unicorns.
I may have a spare mag that is well worn if you don't find a good one.

·
Registered
262 Posts
more like a 1911 than even Colt's 380 Reply Reply With Quote
Colt's Mustang, Mustang II and Gov't models are internally almost identical to a Star DK, and it is known that they were Star derivatives, very different from a 1911 internally. The locked breech Llama's are very close to being identical to the 1911 internally in every way except size. The one in the photo is one of the early ones without the silly slide ribs Llama was so enthralled with. Very desirable.
A guy called me a while ago, saw one of mine from 1943, and offered me too much to refuse, though now I would much rather have the gun. Money is gone in a day or two, but a fine gun is a treasure to keep.

Perhaps I should practice saying something like "I NEVER sell guns, I NEVER sell guns,,, I Never,,,"

1 - 19 of 19 Posts