Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am looking to make my first tentative steps into Enfield .22`s and am wondering which one you all recommend and what price I can expect to pay. Any advise and recommendations would be appreciated. I have shot full bore for a number of years but on reading about Enfield .22 trainers it has wet-ted my appetite.
Thanks Terry

·
Registered
38 Posts
May I recommend one of my favorite trainers, the Enfield No.2 MK4. It handles exactly like the 1MK3 but without the recoil, and it loves the cheap .22 brick ammo. I paid $375 for it and the bayonet last year.

·
Silver Bullet member
28,856 Posts
I'll second that No 2 Mk IV, its an SMLE conversion with very few .22 specific parts. I managed to find one for $200 that needed work and spent another $150 getting it into shape. Sometimes I regret trading it off.

Is there a current source for them now? Would love to get another.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I'll have to third that but with a variation.
I have 2x No1MkIII* both are Lithgows a 1944 & 1945 they are both great fun to shoot and I always get asked about them at the range.
Oh and I also have a No8 which is fun to shoot as well.

Pugs..

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
ill chime in - refrain from photos as they wont add , i agree with these fellows , your best bet cost wise / availability wise / and shootability wise is the no2 mkIV ,
be aware once you have one you will want more - they are fun , very interesting and a bit costly as you look for the rarer ones ,
ive had two Cno7s and id recomend that as well as next on your list , your would then have a representative no1 trainer and no4 trainer ,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts