Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a reversible improvement for the trigger on my 1934 91/30 Tula.

I've seen numerous Finnish triggers for sale and would like some opinions on them.

1) Finnish Mosin-Nagant M39 improved trigger. It has two stages of pull.
2) Finnish Mosin-Nagant M27 improved trigger. This trigger is used on the original M27 and all of the late Finnish competition and sniper variants: M27-66, M28-57H, M28-76 and M76 sniper. Uses M28 Trigger, M27 Trigger Spring.

Has anyone tried one of these and care to give some advice?

Thanks.

·
Diamond Bullet Member
1,566 Posts
I'm looking for a reversible improvement for the trigger on my 1934 91/30 Tula.

I've seen numerous Finnish triggers for sale and would like some opinions on them.

1) Finnish Mosin-Nagant M39 improved trigger. It has two stages of pull.
2) Finnish Mosin-Nagant M27 improved trigger. This trigger is used on the original M27 and all of the late Finnish competition and sniper variants: M27-66, M28-57H, M28-76 and M76 sniper. Uses M28 Trigger, M27 Trigger Spring.

Has anyone tried one of these and care to give some advice?

Thanks.
I have some M39s and also a 91/59 where I have added a M27 trigger/sear (at least it was cut down from a 91/30 into a carbine by the Soviets.) I think the M27 trigger/sear is the best, but please be advised that you might have to open up the forward part of the magazine opening ahead of the trigger for clearance as was done on the original Finnish rifles (certainly you will want to do this if you want to feel both stages and don't want a short trigger pull - I happen to like it short pull, and I didn't want to irreversibly modify my rifle).

·
Diamond Bullet Member
1,566 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.