Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member and Certified Curmudgeon
15,946 Posts
The ZB made Brazilian M1908/34 short rifle had a bayonet with leather scabbard.

Post photos and give the blade length, then I can tell you what kind of bayonet you have and what rifle it is for (and what kind of scabbard it should have).

The VZ23 Short, VZ23 Long, and VZ24 bayonets all had steel scabbards.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
I have a VZ bayonet with a black leather scabbard that came with a Czech Mauser rifle, which should have the steel one?
Subvet
Firstly no czechoslovak bayonet is equiped with leather scabbard, so Vz. with leather scabbard didnt exist, and like Bill already stated is most real M1908/34 for Brazil. b.r.Andy

·
15,946 Posts
The Brazilian M1908/34 bayonet does not look much like a Czechoslovakian bayonet. Probably he has a VZ23 Short bayonet in a Brazilian M1908 scabbard or some similar combination. We will never know what unless photos are posted.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In this same vein, I have one of each Brazilian 08's, one has a bayo with a steel scabbard. I will check and see what type it is. I will look at the bayonet in the leather coat, I think it a VZ type. I have never been able to enclose pics, as the photo program uses the wrong server?
Thanks,
Subvet

·
15,946 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.