Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, finally leaning towards a k-31.....

Who has the best (and lowest price) k-31?

Samco ---$159.00(beach) $179.00(walnut)
AIM --- $199.00
SOG --- unknown but usually have them...
Anyone else?

I've bought several times from SOG without a problem, once from AIM but never from Samco.

I like the walnut stock, but is that more a personal choice?

Thanks from a Newbie to Swiss Forum.

Roger

p.s. I did do a search for this info but found only one post about samco.

·
Gold Bullet member
757 Posts
They all seem to be good , but Samco is Sloooooooooowwwwww!. There is a Walnut k31 on the trader for sale.

·
Gold Bullet member
757 Posts
The k31 on the trader is at a good price, id get if i had the funds.

·
Registered
61 Posts
FGS is:

Welcome to F.G.S INC. website. Our company is based in Portsmouth, Ohio. We have been in business for more than 30 years dealing in WWI and WWII German firearms. Our expertise comes from over 45 years of experience in collecting Lugers and other German Military weapons by owner Doug Smith. F.G.S. focuses on the greatest quality and condition for its customers. If you have any questions or would like to place an order feel free to contact Doug, Ken, or Chris and they will be glad to assist you
http://www.fgsinc.8m.com/index.html

·
Silver Bullet member
2,086 Posts
FGS was a sponser fow awhile

they provide a muzzle cover and sling with the rifle as part of the deal. Kind of a family operation, there are only about 3-4 people working for them. The nicest K-31 I ever bought came from Simpsons Ltd in Illinoise, and gasp i paid $200.00 for it 6 years ago.
gil

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'll second that opinion reguarding FGS! I've bought a dozen k31's from them over a 4 year period and all were nice. I don't like to buy firearms sight unseen but i have no problem letting the boys at FGS pick for me. Their import mark under the muzzle is so tiny and lightly stamped its barely noticable. Most descrete import mark you'll find of a k31.

·
Registered
175 Posts
There are a lot of k31's in private hands, and some people have several, some even dozens. Look around all the gun forums and you might find one for the going price WITH pictures, and description, and extras.
Here are a bunch of links, probably most of them have wts/wtb forums:

http://www.swissrifles.com/links.htm

I have sold 3 in the last 2 months to very happy customers.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Okay, finally leaning towards a k-31.....

Who has the best (and lowest price) k-31?

Samco ---$159.00(beach) $179.00(walnut)
AIM --- $199.00
SOG --- unknown but usually have them...
Anyone else?

I've bought several times from SOG without a problem, once from AIM but never from Samco.

I like the walnut stock, but is that more a personal choice?

Thanks from a Newbie to Swiss Forum.

Roger

p.s. I did do a search for this info but found only one post about samco.

I got a K31 from AIM a couple of months ago. I prefer dealing with them to any of the others you mention - I've never been disappointed.

It was walnut and the wood was pretty nice, better than the average ones I have seen lately.

The bore was excellent!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Go with any company but SCUMCO (SAMCO)-I'd rather floss my teeth with a belt sander than deal with them again.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts