Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back when the CFS Bulgarian 74 rifles went on sale i considered getting one but didnot because the rifles didnot have a Chrome lined mil-spec bore and some of the later rifles lacked the scope mount. For some the barrel may not and probably is not a real issue. I had set my eyes on the Lancaster rifles but now as I understand these rifles are having issues with the gas port on the barrel being to large and generating to much gas force in the operating system. Of course on the far end of the spectrum are the Arsenal/Legion rifles which are in my humble opinion more in the collector class than the shooter grade. If I had been smart I should have ordered a TGI truck rifle when these were around in bulk. I suppose since this is what the BATFE seized or the parts being used to build them there are no moore of these for the forseeable future? I realize most people are very satisfied with their Century CFS rifles but if I have to replace the stock for a more authentic feel and look would I be better to wait on a product improved Lancaster or are their going to be anymore TGI rifles. FWIW I am knee deep in 74 support with mags and ammo and actually have a complete Tantal I need to have built but these various Bulgarian clone rifles seem like such a great deal for a shooter. Your input please?

·
Platinum Bullet member
3,462 Posts
Quit worrying and buy a Centerfire rifle. You missed buying a TGI made rifle. Now unless you get one from CFS the same thing will happen.

The CFS rifles are great rifle. Who cares if the stock is not original. It will still shoot just like any other AK..

The term is "You snooze you loose"

You missed out on the TGI truck guns.

Are you going to miss out on this deal too?

Even if you don't like it the parts alone are worth more than the cost...

·
Diamond Bullet Member/Moderator
56,652 Posts
I bought a cheapie model CFS sells, I didn't care if the bore was not chromed. Considering the tantal kit, your accessories and the desire for a chrome bore why not spring for the build and get your kit built?

·
Silver Bullet Member
6,552 Posts
lancaster arms has one of the best quality milled bulgarian ak74 out there. if your serious and know and want some of the best contact lancaster and deal with them yourself
+1

I recently purchased one of the Lancaster AK74s(stamped receiver) and it looks and functions quite well. The price was very reasonable - under $600 shipped.

It has a US buttstock and a chrome lined mil-spec US barrel (Lancaster makes their own barrels).

Interestingly, the upper handguard is made in Bulgaria.

Also - Lancaster guarantees their rifles for life. They are very accessible and have great customer service/support.

·
Platinum Bullet member
3,462 Posts
One of my issues with the Lancaster rifles is the scope base. It's an aftermarket design.

Regarding any "lifetime" guarantee. Thats only good as long as a company is in business...

Why spend almost twice the price to get the same rifle? Plus the CFS rifle has an ORIGINAL Bulgarian factory scope base.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.