Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know it would not be original but as a replacement, where could i find set screws for the larger screws on my m41? on of the originals is pretty buggered and would like to replace it. also, did the m41's use a regular m96 sling or did they use a different sling. lastly, where could i find a scope can (if available) and original leather scope cover/caps. i more interested in the set screw but i figured i'd take the time to ask about other parts. anything else that i would need as an accessory for my m41? any and all help is appreciated.

·
Moderator/Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet member
8,601 Posts
First of all , you are not looking for set screws , as they do not have heads . The sniper base screws are not typical & would have to be made to order . There is no source for them that I am aware off , in the USA , Sweden or elsewhere . Personally , I would not replace any original screws , even if buggered up . Leave them as they are .

The M-41 sniper was issued with the same sling as the M-96 rifle , without the quick release spring clip .

The M-41b sniper was issued with a scope can , but none exist for the M-41 sniper that I am aware of . Occassionally you will find a M-41b scope can on EBAY in the $100/$200 price range or higher .

There are repro leather scope covers for the AGA M-42 & AGA M-44 scopes on EBAY now for less than $35 . Originals show up occassionally on EBAY & may bring very high bids .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts