Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Specifically, I am looking for the roller cam and a pair of rollers for a 9 mm Luger barrel I recently acquired. I would rather set up the barrel so I can simply drop it in in place of the original as opposed to transferring parts from one barrel to another.

So, does anyone know where I can buy the roller cam and a set of the rollers I need?

Thanks for the point in the right direction.

Tim

·
Gold Bullet Member
2,911 Posts
Marakov.com was, and i believe still is, a board sponsor and usually has CZ-52 and makarov stuff, but they can be expensive. They appear to have harder harrington rollers right now but are out of the cams. Numrich gun parts also has lots of that kind of stuff, they're expensive as well. They also appear to be out of cams.That's really the only places i get my parts, though undoubtedly there are cheaper out there, i have always been happy with both companies' processing times and service. But if both are out of cams not much i can do to help you with that because those are the only places i shop.

The question i have is why would you want you CZ-52 in 9mm? It becomes so ordinary.

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The question i have is why would you want you CZ-52 in 9mm? It becomes so ordinary.
I tried both Makarov.com and Numrich and, unfortunately, came to the same conclusion that neither has the roller cams available.

Regarding your question it is a valid one so I thought I would answer - actually, the only reason to shoot 9 mm out of my vz.52 pistol is because it came with a 9 mm Luger barrel in addition to its original Tokarev barrel. Also, I reload 9 mm Luger for several other handguns I own so shooting 9 mm, I have the benefit of cheap ammo whose accuracy (depending on hand gun condition) is superior to commercial ammo.

And, I can always swap back in the original Tokarev barrel when I want to spit flames at dusk and feel the full power of this "beastie"!

It truly is the best of both worlds.

Tim

·
Silver Bullet member
1,030 Posts
The 9mm will usually have a significantly lower point of impact than the X25.

In some places the 9mm para is a little more available, cheaper, and it works fine for casual plinking.

I wish someone made a higher rear sight for the 9mm conversions to bring it back to point of aim.

After shooting the .30 TOK for a while, the 9 feels like sort of a let-down!

·
Silver Bullet member
181 Posts
Do a search on "CZ52" on evilBay. Right now there're no cams but you can get rollers for $12.25-18.00 shipped and the cam retaining pin for about $5 shipped.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Cams are out there, but in bulk

I've been through the same search for the same reason and cannot find a single cam for purchase anywhere. Century International Arms has the cams, but they sell them in packages of 25 for $150.

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually, I recently was contacted by a fellow board member who had both the rollers and the roller cam available for a very reasonable price! So, I am "golden" and hopefully in the not too distant future I will be able to cycle some handload 9mm through my new "baby".

Check out the latest pics here - http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?t=5353

Tim

·
Registered
2 Posts
I can't find roller cams and roller cam pins anywhere. If there are any out there, anywhere, I would appreciate a heads up. Thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts