Gunboards Forums banner

Where to find front sight and nose cap for a Finnish M91

727 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  MrNatural 
#1 ·
Got an excellent deal on a very nice Finnish M91, but I need a couple of parts for it:

Nose cap and retaining screw. Thats the metal cap on the tip of the stock forend. Mine was simply missing.

Higher front sight. The one currently on the rifle is a "Russian Barleycorn" type blade front sight. But with the rear sight fully depressed, it shoots 9" high at 100 yards. This calculates out to a 400 yard zero - which would be swell if the rear sight wasn't set at lowest (i.e. less than 200 meters) setting.

I've looked in the usual places (Numrich, Sarco, etc) without luck. Any idea who would have either of these parts?

#2 ·
I have nosecaps but no screws.

#3 ·
Got an excellent deal on a very nice Finnish M91, but I need a couple of parts for it:

Nose cap and retaining screw. Thats the metal cap on the tip of the stock forend. Mine was simply missing.

Higher front sight. The one currently on the rifle is a "Russian Barleycorn" type blade front sight. But with the rear sight fully depressed, it shoots 9" high at 100 yards. This calculates out to a 400 yard zero - which would be swell if the rear sight wasn't set at lowest (i.e. less than 200 meters) setting.

I've looked in the usual places (Numrich, Sarco, etc) without luck. Any idea who would have either of these parts?
I have screws, but not nose caps.

#4 ·
I guess you two should move to California and get married. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.