Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
12,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyplace online to get a G series AK parts kit for around a hundred bucks? i see them on gunbroker for about that but cannot find them from a sponsor or distributor.... i checked AIM and Centerfire.

·
Registered
696 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
12,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jklein, that one looks real nice. i checked all the places before i bought mine off gunbroker..... several had them cheaper, some had them higher, but like yours, i wanted one in really nice condition..... with ALL the parts. i like the dark wood you have there.

·
Registered
696 Posts
jklein, that one looks real nice. i checked all the places before i bought mine off gunbroker..... several had them cheaper, some had them higher, but like yours, i wanted one in really nice condition..... with ALL the parts. i like the dark wood you have there.

I think the stock came out pretty good. I used Bix to strip the old varnish and paint of the stock. Then stained and coated with a mixture of raw linseed oil, turpentine and bees wax (melt equal part together in a pan, stir, pour off and allow to cool.)

·
Administrator
19,249 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
12,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
vic, i did check out the sponsors, they were higher priced, more used finishes on the kits, and they opt to remove certain parts so they can sell them later. the kit i bought was 122.50 shipped, in excellent condition, like new i mean, and most important to me, had ALL the parts.... FA trigger parts, cleaning rod etc. i looked for quite a while before finding the one i wanted. i like buying from sponsors, and do often when buying a complete firearm, but in the end, it come down to price and condition.

·
Registered
696 Posts
You guys are killing me-you should always check out sponsors first before recommending a outside vendor. It the sponsors who pay for you to refer the customers here to another vendor-:mad:

http://www.mgsdfw.com/shop/item.asp?itemid=PKRIRO01
Vic,

I am a bit new here and I have used some of the sponsors MGS being one of them. I also enjoy dealing with IO Inc. That being said, is there a complete listing of sponsors. If so I would like to make sure that they have my C&R and I get on their correspondence list (both electronic and snail mail). I am willing to spend a few extra dollars to support a sponsor on a comparable purchase. I also let distributors know that I am a gunboards member both sponsors and others when I do make a purchase. This lets sponsors know that their advertising is value added and encourages new folks to sponsor a great community.

Jim

·
Administrator
19,249 Posts
vic, i did check out the sponsors, they were higher priced, more used finishes on the kits, and they opt to remove certain parts so they can sell them later. the kit i bought was 122.50 shipped, in excellent condition, like new i mean, and most important to me, had ALL the parts.... FA trigger parts, cleaning rod etc. i looked for quite a while before finding the one i wanted. i like buying from sponsors, and do often when buying a complete firearm, but in the end, it come down to price and condition.

It appears you paid 13.00 more than what MGS has them for.

·
Silver Bullet member
12,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
more for a pristine kit, it is like new. wasn't looking for the cheapest, i could have gotten one off gunbroker for 99 bucks, i wanted ALL the parts and an excellent kit. i try to always do my homework.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Seems like JG got ahold of this thread. Their price went up $20 over the last 2 days.
Try Cope's or MGS, depending on shipping. Am pleased with what I got from Cope's rock-bottom $$ for a kit. Compare shipping.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts