Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an ak with a plain barrel, no threads. I'd like to silver solder or weld a flash hider/muzzel brake onto the barrel. So far all the flash hiders/muzzel brakes I've found are threaded. Any recommendations on one to weld or solder onto the barrel?
Bill

·
Silver Bullet member
2,676 Posts
IIRC, there were some that slipped over (with a tight fit) the front sight and was held by a cross pin......I know they had them for SKS, but I was thinking for AK too. It was designed for the Chinese MAK-90 which had plain barrel.

however, while others you speak of may be threaded, a careful person with a drill press could remove the threads in a muzzel brake ;) Then you have a solder-on. BTW, IMO, I would not weld on a barrel.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If a threaded muzle device wont slip over .Thats an indication it will accept threads .I would have it threaded.
Having the barrel threaded hasn't escaped me, but I thought I read in some BTAF that if you added a muzzle device to a rifle which wasn't originally manufactured with a threaded barrel the device had to be welded or soldered on. If threading is legal I'll certainly consider it.
Bill

G

·
What model? How many USA parts .Yes its legal .You will have to be 922 compliant .but depending on the rifle you might already be.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Check your local laws before you thread anything.
Lucky for me here in Kentucky we pretty much don't mess with the second amendment. The only local laws in Kentucky is that some cities have ordances against discharging firearms with in the city limits. So I'm alright with the locals I just need to make sure I comply with the Feds.

The rifle is a Century International Import from Romania, WASR-2 AK74.
Bill

1 - 10 of 10 Posts