61 - 80 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts

·
Registered
14,691 Posts
An E-Tool for "long range"?
Ok! Keep yer Gym membership current, Sparky!
Cartoon Organism Mammal Gesture Art

·
Registered
5 Posts
Boris has a good idea,,

Rem 37
Rem 40
Win 52
or an Anschutz ,

Unertl them up for the short ranges,

distance, SA M1A with ART scope, and I have a can of M118 to go thru it
If I ever need to defend myself at a long distance, I will use my Remington 783 in 308 win. At a hundred yards I can keep my 150gr handloads inside of a dime. It has a 3 to 12 power scope with a trajectory compensation dial on top.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
57,864 Posts
and it will be fun, and a learning experience

at distance (remember , smallbore matches used to be at 200 yrds too) you may need a spotter, but the zombies will never hear the shot,
great practice for wind reading etc

·
Registered
49 Posts
Super Soaker Squirt Gun full of kerosene & naphtha + Propane torch with good Trigger Piezo Starter.
Great in cold weather.

·
Registered
14,691 Posts
How do "Dead" "The Undead"?
asking for a friend.

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
Like to practice on the zombie coyotes out yonder way’s here,500-1Kyds the sporter free oh free Lithgow iron sight’s has helds it’s own against the seasonal annual competition scoper hunting mob.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Actually DK, I get your point but my reference to Zombies was just that.... not a reference to any actual suspected event or persons and totally apolitical.

The point was, which weapon would you trust in a perilous situation.... a confidence in the weapon to perform....just another way of saying, in a jesting manner...... what is your favorite long distance gun for you.

That's it.... I am not really worried about Zombies or any other serious event...just trying to approach it from a comedic avenue.

There were a few political responses but I ignored them purposely as did the majority.... and I find that refreshing.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Nope, you are in a defensive position and have to decide which of your many sniper rifles you have the most confidence in...one shot/one kill.
Not the most modern, not the most expensive or unique.... the one you would bet your life on with one shot.
Seeuns it is Zombies...that would mean those "long range" shots would / must be 100% head shots.
200 yards or less with an optic.
Even closer with irons.
...and let's hope they are the slow walking ones and not the fast runners.

Then it would be damb near impossible.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Remember the old AT&T commercials; Reach out and touch someone?

Well my really long range rifle is my AR-50, then my medium range rifle is my Savage 338 Lapua Magnum, finally my closer range rifle is my Savage Model 110, Police Tactical in 308.
For night stuff, it is my AR-10 in 308 with a thermal scope on it.
Your Savage 338 Lapua is your MEDIUM RANGE rifle ??? I gotta pour a drink and sit down for a minute and ponder that one.
Where do you live...Montana ? Here in East Texas, 100 yards is the odd long shot.

·
Registered
Good sidearm close by - preferably 1911
4 Posts
One shot? Well? I guess I would have to go with my Heavy barreled Remington 700P in .308 w/ 168g hand loaded bullets. Killed many a big game & varmints of all creed & color with it. I have a Leupold 16X scope on’er that has been solid through many ‘missions’ of rough handling in these wonderful Rocky Mountains!

On a side note.. I would have to recommend you just use the weapon you have the most trigger time on & are the most accurate with! Not everyone is on the same playing field here so….

61 - 80 of 89 Posts