Gunboards Forums banner
21 - 40 of 89 Posts

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
For plinking at distance my PAPM91SR.

Of course it’s backed up with a M93 Black Arrow. Use the Black Arrow if they come in vehicles or a get a god biomass to shoot into.

How many zombies could a 50BMG go though if lined up front to back?

·
Registered
706 Posts
What is long range?. I have the eyesight of mr. Magoo. 22 lr rem 10c with 10 clips. Rem 66 with butt feed (that sounds wierd, magazine in buttstock version) and Spencer type tubes to load mag. I smell as bad as the zombies so they generally leave me alone. Choot'm in the head kinda like a free version of a carnival game. As long as you got plenty of 22's, popcorn and twinkies you should be ok. We should all have 5 turk mausers and 10000 rounds of ammo laying around somewhere, or a closet full of 91/30's and 10 cases of Albanian ammo right?. Jerky used to cost almost as much as a bandoleer of turkammo so no worries.

·
Registered
14,691 Posts
.50 Barrett M82 CQ with Raufoss Mk 211 rounds.
I am taking NO Chances.

Reactions: SDigger

·
Diamond Bullet Member
1,520 Posts
Remember the old AT&T commercials; Reach out and touch someone?

Well my really long range rifle is my AR-50, then my medium range rifle is my Savage 338 Lapua Magnum, finally my closer range rifle is my Savage Model 110, Police Tactical in 308.
For night stuff, it is my AR-10 in 308 with a thermal scope on it.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I’d go with my .30-06 K98k sporter, personally. 25” heavy barrel will do reasonably well for controlling recoil and muzzle flash, and a modern 6x fixed power hunting scope would probably be more than equal to the task at hand.

AR with a red dot up close.

If I had to choose a purely military issue weapon I’d take a Romanian PSL in 7.62x54r. The funky scope is of course designed for shooting humans, not deer or varmints, and semi auto for quick follow up. I doubt it would be any more accurate than a scoped bolt gun though.

·
Premium Member
603 Posts
Not enough intel in the OP to make such a determination.

Are we talking about goofy, slow, Dawn of the Dead zombies?

Or enraged, sprinting, 28 Days Later / World War Z zombies?

How many zombies, and more importantly, how much ammo is available?

With a decent elevated roost and a clear field of fire, a scoped 10/22 w/hi-cap mags and a few thousand rounds makes sense to me. I would certainly not use anything bigger than 5.56 because it would be overkill and you'd likely run out of ammo before you run out of targets.

Lastly, are we expecting to survive and be rescued / resupplied, or just stubbornly buying ourselves a few extra days or weeks until being overrun and wiped out?

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I’ve got over 16,000 .22LR so my choice would be my extremely accurate dedicated CMMG AR. Have 7 blackdog 30 rd mags and a Mcfadden loader. In case of a jam I’d grab my mini30 and if they got too close I’d grab the AR .45 that uses 30 rd greasegun mags. Of course a person loading mags would be necessary. Never under stood why the WD survivors didn’t go on the offensive and send out pairs of teams every day, build traps or break into a class three gunshop and grab some .22 supressors. That’s tv for you.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
If it’s really hopeless and resistance is futile. I’m totally down with a glorious bayonet charge into the hoard.
Probably would go SMLE or Martini Henry
Or Banzai the bastards with a long Type 38 Arisaka.
I have a room full of options in the old steel department.
1886 Lebel with “knitting needle” would be interesting too… hmmm decisions.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
If it’s really hopeless and resistance is futile. I’m totally down with a glorious bayonet charge into the hoard.
Probably would go SMLE or Martini Henry.
Plus it is probably the end of civilization so ammo needs to be spared. I'd go with my Snider- easy to reload ammo with no special tools and the bayonet speaks for itself.

Ruprecht
Air gun Wood Trigger Line Shotgun
Wood Cuisine Gas Hardwood Flooring

·
Silver Bullet member
52,301 Posts
SSG P2.....308, Shepards calibrated optics! un fired?
1) Tikka varmint 223> 24. bull barrel, Leopold 6x42 super accurate> clovers
2) carl Gustaf set triggers, 308> 6x42 Pecar, Zeiss lens! clovers >200 yards
3) org. model> Bushmaster AR varmint 24 inch. German Leader optics 3x15x56. very accurate clovers!
custom built AR.223. 24 inch 600 yard match rifle. Pentax 6x42? very accurate. clovers....depends on many aspects unknown,,,?
choices?

Reactions: DisasterDog
21 - 40 of 89 Posts