Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I swear I think I'll use my M 41 B clone that is just damned amazing....and since the Swedes just pulled in spec M 96's off the rack it is really the same thing other than Bjorn putting it together. I got a Swede bore gauge today and the 6.5 tip hardly/barely enters the bore at the muzzle. It goes to 6.55 on the gauge. The chamber/bolt will not close on a Forster No Go and that is actually unusual for a Swede M 96...they usually do and are in spec. It will close on a Go. So tight there too.

Regardless It just prints with any ammo I feed it and gives the shooter great confidence in a hit.

When the Zombies come it'll be the Swede long range and my ZPAP M92 AK 47 for close in work..... I am standing by... front towards enemy..... where's my coffee cup...... damn bugs.... who has the TP?

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
FN SCAR 17S. Still waiting to get the new Vortex 1-10x GenIII Razor HD scope. Getting that Timney 3lbs match trigger. Got enough boolits to build a fort outta brass cases around me. Hope that pencil barrel don’t melt. Haha

Sorry. I know SCAR ain’t a sniper. More of a DMR. But it’s what I got. I’m not sorry that I got it when they were a lot cheaper. Been a great semi rifle in .308.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
FN SCAR 17S. Still waiting to get the new Vortex 1-10x GenIII Razor HD scope. Getting that Timney 3lbs match trigger. Got enough boolits to build a fort outta brass cases around me. Hope that pencil barrel don’t melt. Haha

Sorry. I know SCAR ain’t a sniper. More of a DMR. But it’s what I got. I’m not sorry that I got it when they were a lot cheaper. Been a great semi rifle in .308.
I doubt the Zombies will care if it is a sniper or DMR....or chain saw.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gunfire will only attract more Zombies. If I've got that much distance, I'll be saving ammo and moving in the opposite direction.
Nope, you are in a defensive position and have to decide which of your many sniper rifles you have the most confidence in...one shot/one kill.
Not the most modern, not the most expensive or unique.... the one you would bet your life on with one shot.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Nope, you are in a defensive position and have to decide which of your many sniper rifles you have the most confidence in...one shot/one kill.
Not the most modern, not the most expensive or unique.... the one you would bet your life on with one shot.
I'll only need one bullet then.

·
Registered
329 Posts
No sniper rifle but my Browning Safari in 30-06 it has taken deer at distance for more years than I care to admit so I
don't think I will have a problem popping zombies in the pumpkin

·
Registered
176 Posts
Mine will be my Fed Ord M14SA in 7.62x51. I used it in NRA High Power matches out to 600 yards. Works for me.
Oh and I'll have my AR15 in 5.56x45 folder "pistol" in my backpack for backup.
And my 1911 in 45 ACP will be on my hip in case they get by my rifles.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I was given a PSA AR-10 upper I plan to complete soon.
And if the zombies don't come I'll just shoot paper targets.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
If I'm in a prepared defensive position:

Undead funneling kill zones, that bottleneck the brain feasters at 100 -125 yards
At that range the Ruger 10/22 with a cheap optic will be highly effective. That or a Cowboy repeating rifle in the same .22 caliber.

Beyond that distance I've got 19 sks variants, an 1905 SMLE, and a Marlin 336W in 30-30 that I haven't fired yet.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
57,845 Posts
Boris has a good idea,,

Rem 37
Rem 40
Win 52
or an Anschutz ,

Unertl them up for the short ranges,

distance, SA M1A with ART scope, and I have a can of M118 to go thru it

1 - 20 of 87 Posts