Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,706 Posts
Could have used a nicer piece of wood for the base. But kinda sorry this had been done. Probably threaded the muzzle or inside on the barrel for the electrical fittings. $950 whatever he's smoking or drinking I want some. Wonder if a FFL is needed for shipment?. Frank

·
Premium Member
5,469 Posts
I used to get the kit lamp kit for 25$ in the 90's and the 100$ bundle of Mosins "Missing small parts/rust" that usually werent missing or rusty.......anyways, the ones we got from Century would get a once over, a cleaning and a test firing at the Kotzebue dump.
The ones that needed a hammer to open became lamps and 100$ that would buy another wired bundle of 5 Finn Mosins....

That went on for about a year, so ya, I made a dozen or so, and then I found out about dried cosmoline in the chamber with those shiny bores and found other ways to fund my addiction.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
I had a set of bar stools back in the late 70s that were made from cut up 1903 stocks.... a local neighbor bought them about 10 years earlier mail order and hen he moved I got them.... Stuff was cheap as chips then and floor lamps and the like were pretty common....

·
Registered
64 Posts
Awhile back I bought a Kar88 lamp off of Gunbroker so I could move the stock and barrel bands to repair a bubba'd gun. Sure as hell wouldn't pay $950 for that though. Like AR said, if it was $100 at a yard sale I'd be all over it for the man cave.

Plus that receiver looks intact so you'd have to still fill out a 4473 for that monstrosity.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
I’ve read a thread somewhere about old rifle lamps. In the 50s-60s they were popular like what was mentioned with Arisaka because they were viewed as junk. And old black powder rifles that could be bought for a song. Trapdoors, rolling blocks etc.
I’d never advocate making one nowadays with a collectible, but yeah for the right price I’d love to have one in my “war room”!
How sweet you could hang the shade with a musket spike bayonet sticking out!

·
Gold Bullet member
13,119 Posts
Gun butcher! :mad:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.