Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my little Survival stash (a medium size quanset bldg.) I have 1000 pounds of hard red spring wheat. At last count 17 cartons of toilet paper are piled up in there too. My wife keeps buying a carton of TP every time she goes to Wally World. When I asked her isn't that about enough she tells me "What if kids and grand kids and great grand kids show up on our door step, we'll have to make room for and take care of them". I guess that stuff (wheat & TP ) would be good barter material as well.the way things appear to be headed.

·
Registered
612 Posts
TP is a luxury and a habit more than anything else. If you had to do without it, could not find any more, it’s buy TP or buy food kinda deal, then within a week you’d get used to using a squeeze bottle, wet washcloth (which can be easily washed in the laundry and reused) or some other solution. Not something we like to think about, but nevertheless true. I keep a few bales on hand to get through a nuisance situation like we had in 2020, but I don’t consider it a serious survival staple.

The red wheat is a great idea, however.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Going into Covid lockdown in 20 I had about 150 rolls of TP in 6 roll packages...... Just squirrled away......

During the course of that spring Apr-June I gave away about 10 packs to family, neighbors and a good friend....

Each time I see them I bring up my preps and remind them how I saved their Azz......

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
There is a joke over here on stocking up goods in Covid 19 times.
The Italians are stocking up wine, the French are stocking up condoms and us Germans are stocking up TP. :LOL:

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
yeah, the romans did just fine with a sponge on a stick and water to clean their butt.........and there was no panic buying then. meanwhile over half of the world population uses their hand and some water to clean their butt, and you call yourself "survivalist" where you have to hoard toilet paper in order to survive some "end of world scenario"

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah, the romans did just fine with a sponge on a stick and water to clean their butt.........and there was no panic buying then. meanwhile over half of the world population uses their hand and some water to clean their butt, and you call yourself "survivalist" where you have to hoard toilet paper in order to survive some "end of world scenario"

Sfc ---- I hope you have fun with your r\oman and half the world's population buddies !!! Just don't come around me or mine.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
63,324 Posts

so how many cases of sponges and sticks do you have hoarded?

·
Registered
17,947 Posts
sponges can be cleaned and reused............it's not like it a one-time use and throw away. do you throw away your clothes if they get dirt and buy new ones?
OK I have to ask.
What did the slaves (presumably) who cleaned the sponges wash their hands with?
Did they use "Pre-Owned" ones they'd washed?

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'll bet the slaves who washed out the sponges dumped some of the wash water in master's soup kettle.
Be careful Sfc that wash water could end up anywhere !!!
It was like the poor Chinese cook back in the cook shack on the ranch. The cowboys pestered him endlessly and finally felt sorry for him. After they had made fun of him for several months they finally told him they wouldn't pester him anymore. He sesponded saying "You no more pester Hop Sing, I no more pissy in coffee .

1 - 20 of 43 Posts