Gunboards Forums banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

· Sponsor
1,003 Posts
1938 Tula 91/30. This was bought from a Dunham's so this makes it a Russian rifle lost to the Finns, who then stamped it with an SA, then recaptured by the Russians, brought back to one of the satellite countries, then sold to Century, then Dunham's, then me.

Why would Russia stamp a recapture with an X? It was their stuff when it was lost and it was their stuff when it was found, why go through the hassle of stamping what is obviously your stuff? And the Finns didn't always stamp their stuff with the SA or equivalent marking, so perhaps the Russians didn't either. Food for thought.

Regards,
Eric

· Registered
764 Posts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My lastest Finn captured 91/30 is a 1941 Izhevsk. One piece stock, brass caps,Remington bolt and trigger.
I don't know what I was thinking, A while back I bought a 1899 Tula ,Finn captured from a fellow board member. I have not around to taking pictures yet. I'm diggin it , it's a little battle worn.

· Administrator
3,494 Posts
I don't know what I was thinking, A while back I bought a 1899 Tula ,Finn captured from a fellow board member. I have not around to taking pictures yet. I'm diggin it , it's a little battle worn.
No, you were correct in your first post. The topic is, what is your latest manufacture date Finn capture Mosin, not your most recent find.

· Registered
764 Posts
DOUGH!!!!!!!! Sometimes Finns make me stupid, wait I'm hearing Barry White music and smelling Finn mix, OH baby.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.