Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Platinum Bullet Member
1,555 Posts
These are my latest:

1943 Izhevsk original PU sniper SA marked
1944 Tula 91/30 SA marked
1944 Izhevsk Nagant Revolver SA marked

I have an SA marked M38 on the way but I don't remember the year. Still looking hard for an SA marked M44.

· Platinum Bullet Member
1,555 Posts
Hey Poot! Yep, there are a few SA M44s 43/44 is US collections however I would not call them "alot". I would have to look at my notes but I think Tuco or Vic stated a few years ago after a trip to Finland that there were only a couple hundred M44s captured. The Finns bundled the M38s and M44 into the same number as "carbines" and I think that number was only a couple of thousand. The M38 is a uncommon find as well.

I came into the 1943 SVT40 by absolute dumb luck. I have alway wondered how many of the late date 43-44 SVTs (Finn captured of course) were in collections today? Seems like Cruffler has one and I belive Vic has the entire line up-to 1944 (SA). Others?
All of my SA marked SVT's are '40 and '41. I have yet to run into one later. Your '43 was a great find.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.