Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Star BM

The little woman likes her little Star BM loaded with hollow points in her purse.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
+1 pentium. I was walking back from my sister's house when I ran into a large reptile with a bad attitude. one shot = one dead reptile

·
Registered
657 Posts
I find that I carry my STAR Model F .22 auto pistol or STAR Model B Super 9mmP the most. The Mod.F is just worn to nothing on the outside but it never fails. Just a perfect size .22 pistol IMHO.

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet member
6,263 Posts
The Spainish?? Pistol Board

There's a lot to be said for these Spainish :confused: (Spanish even) pistols. I keep a PD handy, but when it comes down to it, my Firestar M43 in Starvel is always a favorite.

I had a very nice BM, one of the nicest I've seen, and stupidly sold it as it bored me with it's reliability and lack of recoil.

SlimTim

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
23,298 Posts
I know - I have requested the powers that be to correct the spelling, but for now we have to live with "Spainish"

·
Registered
20 Posts
The only Spaniards I own are a couple of Star Bs with the fake Waffenamps which I bought impulsively and without investigation from Cole's in 2002. They're fun to shoot.

·
Gold Bullet member
170 Posts
Lets see....Mmmm..... Star M-40 in Starvel 40 S&W?
Star BM in 9mm?
Star Model B in 9mm?
Astra A 75's in 40 S&W and 9mm?
Got to be the Astra's.....More ergonomically correct..Lighter in weight & decocker.
Yeah, that's it.

·
Gold Bullet member
477 Posts
I love to shoot my double caliber STAR MS, in .45 and 9P. But I have a Firestar M43 that is extremely accurate and it's hard to leave it at home also.

·
Registered
5 Posts
As for which one I enjoy shooting the most, it would have to be my Star BM. While I like the full size models, for me the BM has the most natural feel to it.

LL

My Spanish collection (Star Modelo Super, B, BM, SS, Astra 400 & Astra 600/43) ...

·
Registered
710 Posts
The WW1 Rubys. They fit the hand just right and have the best standard rear sights of any military pistol. If only they wouldn't jam so often...but when they're working right, they're great.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Star Modelo 1914 y Rubies

Star Modelo 1914, with .32 acp hollow point ammo...and an Alkartasuna Ruby. The AK marked Ruby is slightly bigger and heavier than the run of the mill, and shoots great.

Dale

·
Gold Bullet member
477 Posts
Star, I don't know what the MS model is. Could you explain or post a picture?

The MS is just a full size model, in the line of the model A, but way more robust, it is about the same size but 3 mimimeters ticker, with a weight of 1115 gr. unloaded. This allows the pistol to take calibers as the .45, in fact is the same pistol as a PS. It's the largest frame on classic models.

The first run of MS was produced in the 60's, and made in 9 Largo, it was a "heavy" Largo pistol. The second run, was produced in 1987, just 425 produced acording to Antaris, all in the 9 Parabellum caliber, and a few of them were sold as multicaliber sets that included a complete .45 upper. They were fitted with 30M sights.

Fewer examples were sold also in .38 Super Auto.

Here is my MS, with the .45 caliber mounted, hope you will like it:

·
Platinum Bullet Member
2,860 Posts
Jorge, that is a lovely gun. I don't have an MS, and did not realize that in 9mm it is thicker than the comparable Model A or B. But of course if the frame must also also accommodate .45, it makes sense.

My own favorite (the most pleasasnt) shooter is the Super A. It is old-fashioned, like me.

M

·
Gold Bullet member
477 Posts
Hi Mike, here is a pair of pictures where you can somewhat compare the difference, it's compared to an A model. In the other picture, with the 9P upper, and original grips, you can observe the magazine with a central "nerve" to accomodate the 9P, due to the difference in tickness.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Star, thanks for the info and pics. Your MS looks like a Modelo A on steroids! Were these for export or only the Spanish market?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts