Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member and Certified Curmudgeon
15,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I don't understand what is going on with the What's New button. I started the thread Unknown Czech Bayonet on the Militaria-Swords-Bayonets- Edged Weapons Forum at 3:22 and hit the What's New button at 4:15. I see only 17 messages and mine is too old to be on there, 53 minutes later. At other times I see 3 or 4 pages under What's New. There used to be a Active Posts button you could hit which would show more posts than would the What's New button. The Active Posts button seems to have gone away in the recent upgrade.

I don't want to have to go to several different forums to see what new messages were posted in the last few hours - but the way the What's New button works, that seems to be necessary.

Added: I see that hitting the What's New button at 5:19 results in 4 pages of 63 posts, the earliest of which was at 3:39 or 1 hour and 40 minutes previous.

:angry:

·
Administrator
19,288 Posts
Have you tried the new post button?

·
15,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Vic,

Actually, I think I have sometimes used the New Posts button and sometimes used the What's New button, without noticing any difference. I mentioned this issue some time back but decided not to pursue it because it seemed your plate was overfull at the time.

I tried both just now and both gave me 67 posts. I was just irritated earlier when I started a new thread and 53 minutes later it was too old to show up when I hit What's New.

What is the difference supposed to be between the two buttons and what are the parameters?

Thanks,
Bill

·
Administrator
19,288 Posts
Your post probably got pushed down due to activity. There should be new posts of posts less then 60 minutes and all post for the day.

·
15,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your post probably got pushed down due to activity. There should be new posts of posts less then 60 minutes and all post for the day.
I know where to find new posts of less than 60 minutes but where do I find all posts for the day? "All posts for the day" is what I am looking for and what I can not find.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts