Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3,762 Posts
Hmm, pics look vaguely familiar.
Too bad it's not a local sale for you.

I was looking at the same one, but just picked up a '42 SKY M39 last week so I guess I'll let you have it.
If you get it for the price you're asking about, I'd consider that a good deal.

· Registered
3,762 Posts
Congrats Gary, I see you got the rifle for a couple bucks under $350.

Good job indeed.
I had every intention of bidding on that rifle, have had it on my watch list for a few days, but I already have a few and after I read this thread decided not to.

Again, looked good enough for me that I was going to bid, never mind the naysayers, IMO you did good.

· Registered
3,762 Posts
Did you end up buying it? If you keep looking, you can find M39s with better finish on the metal. It may take a while and cost you more but you have to consider the resale value when you buy a rifle like that. From what little we could see in the pictures, it looked like a 70% rifle.
In my post above yours, you can see where I congratulated him on winning the auction for a couple bucks less that $350.
Yes he won it, and most here feel he got a fair deal.

I just bought these the other day:

Reading some of the replies here, seems some of you guys would have tossed them in the trash.

IMO, GaryCCR got a fair price on an honest gun.

· Registered
3,762 Posts
A first! This admission is refreshing!!! I have a smart phone, and I have basically stopped using it for this and other collector sites because I have a hard time seeing details on photos on it. It could go the other way too and let you buy something you shouldn't because details on the photos are too small for me to see.

So we're all in agreement and should have bid up that M39, lol. Gary is lucky that we are all gentlemen here!
:laugh:
Honestly, If Gary hadn't posted that, I was going to bid, no way was I going to let that auction expire with no bid when it was such a deal IMO.

So if the guy that I forced to pay $157 + $15 shipping for the M91 stock on ebay that was wrongly listed as a 91/30 reads this, next time post about it and I won't make you pay so much.
;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.