Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3,938 Posts
I would love to have that rifle at that price. I paid that much for a '44 with a postwar stock in similar condition and am happy with it. I have paid more than that for my other M39s (some a LOT more) because I don't think they were messed with. The OP rifle here was issued and used, but was definitely not abused. If it has a decent bore, that's a really good deal in today's market - specially with the opportunity to inspect it before paying for it. (Plus no shipping charges, lol.)

· Registered
3,938 Posts
In my post above yours, you can see where I congratulated him on winning the auction for a couple bucks less that $350.
Yes he won it, and most here feel he got a fair deal.

I just bought these the other day:

Reading some of the replies here, seems some of you guys would have tossed them in the trash.
BTW, I paid $50 each.

IMO, GaryCCR got a fair price on an honest gun.
Don't worry. for only about $25 you can get this. :barf:

Product Material property Font Paint Liquid

· Registered
3,938 Posts
So, I've looked at the pics now that I'm sitting in front of my computer (rather than my phone), and I'll admit it when I'm wrong. For some reason, the stock looked very beat up on my phone - I think it's because the pics aren't that great to begin with. When viewed from the computer, they look good and I think $350 is a good deal.
A first! This admission is refreshing!!! I have a smart phone, and I have basically stopped using it for this and other collector sites because I have a hard time seeing details on photos on it. It could go the other way too and let you buy something you shouldn't because details on the photos are too small for me to see.

So we're all in agreement and should have bid up that M39, lol. Gary is lucky that we are all gentlemen here!
:laugh:

· Registered
3,938 Posts
Be sure to use Naval Jelly to stop the rust before painting, and 100 grit sandpaper will really cut through all those dents on

the wood. when you get it all sanded down, order a black plastic stock for them after you save up your money. Or if you send me that really heavy Roman coin, I'll buy one for you. :thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.