Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Based on the responses to my "Mystery Mauser" thread, I suspect I've located a Wz-29 with an original Polish bolt in a LGS. I think it is SCW as the rifle receiver is scrubbed.

This bolt is straight, and looks to have been blued completely. I remember the bolt knob was round.

What do I look for to further verify it? I think there were a few tiny arsenal stamps on the handle, though I don't recall a serial number.

·
Platinum+ Bullet Member
2,298 Posts
There are a few things to look for. The Polish Z. (Not to be confused with the Czech Z). The Polish Z stands for Zbrownia the Polish arsenal where a lot of the German rifles were re-worked. Also the Polish Eagle. Similar to a Weimar Eagle.

Product Auto part Automotive engine part Metal
Plumbing fixture Plumbing Metal Tap Pipe

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very helpful, Tmann. Thanks. I will look at that.

The bolt I saw was blued, not in the white like the one shown. It looks like it was done rather poorly: uneven with some very dark areas, and some white showing through. Everything was blued: handle, body, shroud, extractor. When I saw it, I wondered if it was somebody's first attempt at blueing metal.

If Bubba blued it, does that means a big decrease in value? I'm picking up that original bolts are rare and that might make the gun worth buying.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.