Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well when i got this rifle on gunbroker i had got it for the stock mostly and all the markings. suprisingly when i got it home and cleaned it up the metal was in great shape. i knew the stock was cracked on the top of the handguard and maybe a crack in the stock but come to fnd out the action area was pretty messed up and the cross bolt was moved back into the stock towards the rear and the action was moved back quite a bit and had a large crack at the rear of the receiver with crud and sand in it. the action is really kinda lose and when i threw some parts on it and shot it the stock moved backto the messed up position. i really dont know if this stock could be fixed or is worth fixing or does some one know or have a rebel contract vz24 stock?? ive got alot of vz 24 stocks but this is the only one i got with the bolt area cut out. oh and the front of the stock was never drilled for a pin to hold the bayonet lug on? anyone seen anything lke this?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=167729773

·
Registered
398 Posts
Isn't that the 7mm South American contract VZ24? If it is, the turned down bolt handle cut out is appropriate, and desireable, for that model. Put some work into the stock, you might be surprised.....

DB

·
Registered
398 Posts
Sweet Jesus, man. Have you had action out of the stock? you should see some pretty heavy damage in the recoil lug slot. Saving the stock is going to require some pretty intrusive surgery. Have a look and post some photos. Then head over to the Workbench forum and do a search for stock repair.....
I'm not sure on the specs for the SA 7mm action and whether or not it will fit a regular VZ24 stock.....

DB

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes i took the rifle completely apart, the wood block between the cross bolt and triggerguard has been knocked out from the force and its really lose. its a regular vz24 receiver and the action fits in a regular vz24 stock but i really lke where its cut out under the bolt area. the stock that its in now isnt numbered and doesent look like its made as well as most of the other vz24 stocks ive seen. i have no idea where i could find a beter stock at

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.