Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a all matching Remington 1903A3. It lost its stock and barrel bands. The barrel was blued, Rifling is 2 groove and looks great. Everything else is mint. It is a late 1943 gun. Should I get a stock for it and live with the blued barrel? Or should I turn it into a 1903A4 and shoot the vintage sniper matches with it. I dont own a correct Remington at the moment. I SCs.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
It all depends upon how much money do you have/want to spend. I'd price things out before I did anything. It might be far cheaper to buy an all correct M1903 to start with than to try to spend the time and money finding/buying the missing parts. When you get done, it will always be a "restored" rifle, not an original one. Just my $0.02.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
if its already been drilled and tapped for a redfield/leupold mount, i'd say go for the 1903a4 repro. if the reciever is unmolested, then find a 03A3 drill rifle and restore it to original condition

then again, "if it don't make dollars...then it don't make sense!"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.