Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just found on an Austrian gun auction platform:

Described as:
Very rare large-calibre match rifle with straight-pull bolt action, fluted barrel and muzzle brake. Barrel length 70 cm! Top original condition, valid proof marks. A piece for collectors!
Price on demand...

·
Premium Member
105,519 Posts
It's a purpose built piece. It's definitely not Von Bubba.

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
Looks like something that we use to make up when we were kids. When I was young, Carcanos were dirt cheap as was the ammo. You could pick them up for $7.00. (not hard to get by picking up bottles). Many would get chopped up to a handier configuration. Quite the flamethrower!!
Steve

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
A bit ungainly looking, but in my experience, bubba doesn't flute barrels. Just like not all custom Mausers are bubba, not all Mosins are either. (But most of the latter are, lol.)

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes - 7.62x54R

By the way - here is another strange Nagant offspring from the same Austrian platform:

Described as "Mosin-Nagant SSG 96" (i.e. "Mosin-Nagant Sniper Type 96"), also in 7.62x54R.

Here you find more about this strange gun (regrettably in German, but with some nice pictures): http://www.mosin-nagant.de/sonniges_kerlchen.html
According to that German article this gun may be of Chinese origin - but that's uncertain.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Yes - 7.62x54R

By the way - here is another strange Nagant offspring from the same Austrian platform:

View attachment 775737

Described as "Mosin-Nagant SSG 96" (i.e. "Mosin-Nagant Sniper Type 96"), also in 7.62x54R.

Here you find more about this strange gun (regrettably in German, but with some nice pictures): http://www.mosin-nagant.de/sonniges_kerlchen.html
According to that German article this gun may be of Chinese origin - but that's uncertain.

I don't believe that much...

In my opinion it's atrue Bubba work created with a T53.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.