Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Picture quality is bad as far as details go,

However, the flat buttplate and lack of a take down disk in the stock makes me think it is a Yugo made K98k stock as used on some of their rebuilds.

·
Banned
7,237 Posts
Almost looks too long to me, what markings are on the bayo lug if any and what markings are on the stock anywhere at all?
Lastly how long is the band spring cut out?
Many countries used Mauser rifles over the years and some of them resemble WWII German stuff.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't have it yet. But for $35 figured I could use it for some Balkans used K98 barreled actions I have since it likely came from there. I am not suprised by the different variations I see even after 30+ years of collecting. Never say never. Here's a couple more of the action pics I adjusted to get a better look. Shotgun Wood
Gun Rifle Shotgun Trigger Air gun
Shotgun Air gun

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,417 Posts
Correct, an ersatz replacement.
When it arrives, check it over for Cyrillic characters, small triangles & <> diamond-shapes.
Many that I've handled/owned feature irregular inletting, appears done by hand.

......... the flat buttplate and lack of a take down disk in the stock makes me think it is a Yugo made K98k stock as used on some of their rebuilds.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.