Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Silver Bullet Member
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a great source for firing pins for the Llama .22LR pistols.
I worked closely with a machinist to make a better than original product (IMO).
These are hard to find and has proven to be a good market.
I have developed a good relationship with this source and his product has been very good.

My question here, is there a need for any particular firing pins for Spanish pistols?

Something hard to find. I have to make it worth his while to make them and me to buy and sell them.
I like helping those in need of parts for the Llamas and have developed many friends.
I'd like to help provide firing pins for Stars and Astras as well.

I would need one as a sample so he can make a CNC copy of it. It would be returned with a free, new
pin. He would then run them off for me to sell.

The thought is if it can be easily found, there wouldn't be much of a market. To make it work for both
these have to be hard to find, if at all, and in demand. Making and selling 3 isn't the answer. The
retail would be $55 plus shipping like the Llama firing pins. I've sold close to 100 Llama firing pins in
less than a year with zero complaints. I will stock them as long as there is a demand.

So, anyone have an idea of what to pursue?
Thanks for your thoughts.

·
Silver Bullet Member
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know, Bill.
Most people don't have or know someone who can do that.

My guy is good, not cheap.
Ebay charges 10% of the sale price, which has gotten way out of hand, IMO.
Gunbroker charges a lot less but Ebay sells 10-1 which I would not have guessed.
When it's said and done I make about 30% which is not out of line.
It also gets a lot of people firing pins who would not have them otherwise.

·
Silver Bullet Member
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Rex kindly sent me his pin and my guy sent out a beta pin that Rex tested and it needed to be tweaked.
However, this project is at the bottom of his list and I'm waiting for the revised edition. Since it's development
and not $$ he uses spare time to work on it. Of course, once Rex gives his OK it will become $$ to the guy.
I'll keep you guys posted.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.