Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When at a gunshow, what sort of odd ammo do you look for? 44.40, 375 H&H magnum? Maybe, 30-40 Krag or 7mm Mauser? Do you look for shooting ammo, old and original boxes? What sort of shells would make your day?

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,530 Posts
I look for original .577 snyder for a friend of mine every chance I get

·
Registered
675 Posts
I don't really look for "rare ammo" but I like to pick up any ammo in calibers that I have if I do not have any of that brand or country. Cartrige collecting as a hobby can be very expensive and I have enough hobbies and collections going already.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Ted, Don't worry I'm working on a batch of super-incendiary explosive type ammo and should have it ready to ship soon. ;):rolleyes:

·
Gold Bullet member
4,427 Posts
Just the basic good-to-have Carcano, 8mm, and 8x56R on and for the clips, and I'd probably get some black-tip .30-06 if I ever saw any. But mostly gunshow ammo's stupidly overpriced.

·
Platinum Bullet member
10,708 Posts
I always look for obscure Marlin calibers like 25-36 and 30 rimfire. People in H-e-double hockey sticks wish for ice water, too. SW

·
Registered
362 Posts
Here is some of the super HEI ammo you asked for

http://ammunitiontogo.com/catalog/p...d=110&osCsid=820a71258177e0e5a676d46c6e8e603c

Should do the job.

It comes in the M/N cal. as well as any of the more popular cal.

Also available in AP with starburst 4000 degree titanium sparks to ignite your favorite piss me off.

Have a good lawyer on retainer, if you plan to use any for self defense.

It is legal in most states, not all.

If you need exceptional range, the .50 cal. should be the ticket.

Military prefers .50 cal., 20mm, on up in newer models of A/C. All in HEI and AP HEI.

Big seller with the crowd from former Yugoslavia area, along with the new .50 cal. rifles.

Someone should write the clowns on mythbusters, about the segment of igniting a gas tank with one shot.

Long post on that in the old forums. All incorrect info.

They say it couldn't be done.
In a follow up segment they finally did it with tracer .223.
They have no clue about specialized ammo. Didn't even know that tracer they used needs to travel about 75 yds. or more to trace, so not to give away shooters position in combat.
They also refered to tracer and incindary as same ammo.

The have no clue about HEI, or incindiary ammo.

Its good entertainment, and thats all.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I look for that super rare ammo - the cheap kind! LOL.

seriously it depends in what mood I'm in and what kind of deals I find. :D

·
Ramen noodles or Bill Gates?
1,952 Posts
6.5 arisaka, 7.7 arisaka, 8mm kropatschek, 6.5mm dutch, 8mm steyr, 9mm steyr, and 8mm nambu. while some of them are being loaded again, all are pretty hard to find. y'all have a good day, Keith

·
Registered
554 Posts
It's hard enough just to find decently priced 7.7 Jap. $49.95 for a box of 20 is just plain stupid! I don't care if it is Norma.

·
Ramen noodles or Bill Gates?
1,952 Posts
6.5 arisaka, 7.7 arisaka, and 8x56 steyr can be had for 16.50 a box from www.mrnambu.com
i ordered some 8mm nambu from him recently, and he got it to me pretty quick. just a heads up, if any of y'all are looking for it.

Keith

·
Premium Member
105,713 Posts
I look for Finnish ammo now. I've found my pack of 20 of 1917 Remington M91 ammo. I also was looking at the "rounds" in sniper69's avatar. Cartoons of course, but they get your attention.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I look for the obsolete Remington Autoloading calibers, .25 Remington, .30 Remington, .32 Remington and the obsolete Winchester Self-Loading calibers, .32 WSL, .35 WSL, .351 WSL and .401 WSL. I also look for old military calibers; 6.5 Arisaka, 7.7 Arisaka, 6.5 Dutch, 8x57 M88.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts