Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been thinking about one of J&G's Enfields but as many pirahanas as there are out there I bet the only one's they have left are pretty rough. The area I live in has no places like Dunham's or Big 5 and there are no pawnshops that ever have any milsurps other than the occasional $1,500 M-1Garand or $250 Chinese SKS. It really sucks watching the well dry up so rapidly.:confused:

·
Registered
67 Posts
I ordered from J & G last October when their $109 No4 Enfields started to be sold. I ordered hand picked for better bores specifically. They sent rifles with great bores. However, the rifles looked ugly on the outside. I could only imagine not having asked for the handpicked. Just a heads up to you.

Needless to say, the rifles still shoot great.

Rifles4me

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am looking for a job, I am 16 so I should be able to find one. I would love to have a '43 M44, A No.4 Enfield, a Steyr M95, an M38 M-N, a M39, a M38 Carcano, a Yugo M48, a Chinese SKS, a K98, and several others. I have been collecting since my grampa gave me my great-grandfathers Arisaka Type-99 in January 2006 and since then I have been able to bring my total of 2 at that time up to a complete total of 8. Do you guys think some of these cheaper rifles are going to soar before I am in my mid 20's. All of you guys seem to have sweet collections and I would love to own at least 50 rifles and carbines when I turn 25. I just hope that all of these cheap rifles and carbines don't dryup before I get a job.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ordered from J & G last October when their $109 No4 Enfields started to be sold. I ordered hand picked for better bores specifically. They sent rifles with great bores. However, the rifles looked ugly on the outside. I could only imagine not having asked for the handpicked. Just a heads up to you.

Needless to say, the rifles still shoot great.

Rifles4me
Would you please post a picture of one?

·
Gold Bullet Member/Moderator
26,664 Posts
Don't worry

I am looking for a job, I am 16 so I should be able to find one. I would love to have a '43 M44, A No.4 Enfield, a Steyr M95, an M38 M-N, a M39, a M38 Carcano, a Yugo M48, a Chinese SKS, a K98, and several others. I have been collecting since my grampa gave me my great-grandfathers Arisaka Type-99 in January 2006 and since then I have been able to bring my total of 2 at that time up to a complete total of 8. Do you guys think some of these cheaper rifles are going to soar before I am in my mid 20's. All of you guys seem to have sweet collections and I would love to own at least 50 rifles and carbines when I turn 25. I just hope that all of these cheap rifles and carbines don't dryup before I get a job.
We'll all die off eventually and you young buzzards will pick our gun safes clean!! LOL
Really, though-I said the same thing when I was your age. Get a C & R license when you hit 21, take all your girl friends shooting, so they know what they are in for, and have fun. The good guns will be around, and you'll be bringing in the big bucks soon enough. Stay in school and keep shooting LOL :D

·
Registered
675 Posts
For being 16 you are off to a good start on your collecting. I did not start till I was 19 but had been around guns most of my life. As far as price goes most everything goes up in time but your paycheck will too. I can buy a $300 rifle alot easier than I could buy a $100 rifle when I was 19. You won't have to worry too much about future prices if you invest in a good education.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am currently enrolled at a Career Technology school in Network Security and Administrating and from what the instructors have told us we can make some serious money in that field which makes me feel great.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Haha it is funny because every night when I studying or when I ask myself why I challenge myself with tough classes my first thought is almost always a room full of guns in my future house. Its really weird but very true. I too would like to know where to grab a good No.4 for a nice price as I am going to be looking for one very soon. Im personally very glad that I have gotten an early start in collecting so that even by the time im out of high school I should have at least 10 guns which is far more than I would have ever guessed just a couple of years ago when I was just getting into airsoft and hadnt even started with real weaponry.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Stay focused and finish school. Then spend all your money on guns and the ammo for them.

If I only knew then what I know now I would have started collecting milsurps sooner.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
While we are on the collecting subject anyone got a spare Chinese T-53 cleaning rod they are willing to sale? If so PM me.

Anyways back to the topic I am going to see about getting a M38 Carcano, anyone know where I can get one at a reasonable price? I think that a 6.5 mm weapon would be a nice addition to my collection.

·
Registered
532 Posts
The M95s are cheap now again. Pretty brutal to shoot, but a good buy at the moment. M38s are still a decent buy, usually, as are M48s. You should be able to pick up all of those for $300-400 or so, depending on where you live.

Finn M39s used to be $100 for a decent rifle, but I fear those days are gone. The M38 Carcanos are where you find them. You can find them for cheap if you are lucky. RC K98s are around for something like $250 and up.

Chinese SKS are another puzzle. They sell for anywhere from $150 to $300 or more. I would not pay more than $200 for one, but that's just me.

As to what the market will be in 10 years, if I knew that I would have been rich a long time ago.

Buy what you like, and read up on it. It sounds like you have a good start, but buy what you can afford now, and go from there.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The Mosin-Nagant M38 is probably my next addition, who is selling them with the original stocks for a reasonable price?

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I hope your instructors are more accurate in their predictions than mine were. About four years after I graduated I was making what they told me to expect right out of school. No regrets, just don't be surprised if the road ain't always downhill.
I don't think I need to worry about that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts