Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Other than our beloved Mosins and the newer Draganov and variants, what other rifles were manufactured to use the 7.62x54R cartridge? Not counting Machine guns. :)

The SVT 38 and 40 and what?

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is that it?

You know I never really thought of it but are there really 300 variations of Mosin? Man I have a long way to go! LOL! :D

·
Registered
504 Posts
A few years ago you counld buy new a CZ 527 bolt action in 7.62x54R, complete with Mannlicher style stock and steel muzzle cap. It's not available now that I know of, aside from running across a used one.

About 12-13 years ago the Russians (under the Baikal or Izh brand?) imported single shot and double barrel rifles in that caliber, but I never saw one in person, just in the SOG catalog, of all places.

·
Banned
10,843 Posts
About 12-13 years ago the Russians (under the Baikal or Izh brand?) imported single shot and double barrel rifles in that caliber, but I never saw one in person, just in the SOG catalog, of all places.
You know... I do not think they ever got to actually importing those. The single shot rifle is the IZh-18MH made my Izhevsk Mechanical Factory and distributed by Baikal. They are different factory, they were split from IzhMash in 1942 or 43, they do not make AK, and now a different company since government does not completely own them. Remington Spartan line are these IzhMech guys.
http://www.baikalinc.ru/en/company/34.html

·
Mr. Flashy Pants
7,377 Posts
compared to the rest it's relatively new. :D

I was thinking a company like Sako or Tikka may have made a modern hunting rifle?
If they did they probably only sold them in Finland and maybe Sweden. Considering how many rifles are already in Finland in 7.62x53r I wouldn't be too surprised if they didn't. Sako did build rifles in other calibers, based on the 53r case necked up or down, on Mosin actions, as did lots of independent gunsmiths.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts